Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she says her life is over

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my 13 year old daughter. About a month ago i found out that she went and made a facebook account after we told her she couldn't have one. She hasn't shown us the maturity; not to mention i don't feel that a 13 year old need a facebook account.

Anyways i haven't been able to deactivate it because she wouldn 't give me the password. Well because she broke the rules, she lost her cell phone (which as internet )and her tablet that she got for christmas. About 2 week ago my husband found out that she was getting up in the middle of the night   and getting his droid phone and going online ( not facebook) but she was going on youtube. he said something to her and started plugging his phone in the bedroom at night.

Tonight my son told me he got up at 4 am because his nose started bleeding and she had my laptop in her room listening to music, so I went into my history and she had went into over dozen youtube videos and i found out that she had also access her facebook. I told her she better give me her facebook password or she will lose everything in her room. all she has left is her MP3 player and her TV. So she  finally gave me the password and i deactivate the account and change the email to my gmail and  change the password. She started screaming her life is over. Seriously!?!? It is facebook not the end of the world. How could her life be over when she never had one before. Now i also have to take my laptop in my bedroom at night too. 

She is now blaming my son saying she hate him that it is all his fault. I looked at her and i told her that NO It isn't his fault, it is YOUR fault, your broke the rules, you knew what would happen if you did and now you are dealing with consquences of those actions. ugggg all yea she also pushed me tonight and i told her she best think  twice the next  time she want to push me.

I swear having a teenager is going to kill me.

This is simply a vent. If you want to tell me how bad a parent i am because i won't let my daughter have a facebook, don't bother, I have my rules and they are not going to be changing anytime soon and i have my reason and i know my daughter than any of you.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Alright.

Quoting Anonymous:

when she created the account she made herself 25 years old, she didn't set the privacy setting, and was cussing like a sailor on it. she only had it one day before we found out about.  But those are not my reasoning for not wanting her to have one, i have my reasons and her behavior within the past year is part of the reasoning.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

I'm 25, when I was 14 it was Xanga. My friends and I goofed of on our pages and such. Then came MySpace.

It's nothing like teens these days, I'll admit. I used to have my husband's younger cousin on my friends list. All I can say is o.O.

As long as she knows how to act online and it's closely monitored, it should be fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

how old are you??? If you young enough that  there were soial networking sites when you were  a teenager, am guessing you don't have any teenagers. and like i said i will not go into my reasons but i do have my reasons.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

I've never had to ask my mom to make a profile on a website, ever. I just find it strange.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You? My dd is 2 and gets mad when she can't use my phone lol

Quoting LDennany:

You guys are scaring me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Sounds like a normal teenager BUT I really think you guys would benefit from family counseling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Ikr. I have 2 dd's. They are 5 and 3 now. *shivers* I think I will be hiding in ten years lol.

Quoting LDennany:

You guys are scaring me.

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
You know your kids better than I do :-))) you know what's best for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

my son is 9 and i have my reason for not wanting my daughter to have a facebook account. and i am glad that he told me about her being on my laptop.  He knows the rules just as well as she does and he did the right thing.

Quoting ilana_ny:

My niece has a Facebook account, she is 12. We ( me and her mother) know her password, and check it time to time. All she does is talk to her friends about school or play games with them. I can't see a problem there. If she is not doing anything inappropriate, why not. She doesn't use her real name.
How old is your son? I do think that he should not tell on her sister like that. It's very coverdy of him. My kids are 4 and 3, they never tell on each other. I like it. I want them to be close, and trust each other always.
But that's just me. :-)

gma12.1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

She broke the rules, she needs to pay the price. She knew what she was doing and just figured as grownups you are to stupid to find out. As far as pushing you sorry but in my house she would've found herself laid out on the floor.

The drama is to get you to feel sorry for her and the social life that she wants to have with EVERY person she can friend. Been there with a 14yr old went thru her friends list and weeded out everyone that she really didn't know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I think you did the right thing. My girls are 18 and 19 and they have only had their facebook pages for a year. My younger daughter almost lost her's a couple of times because of her behavior. Luckily she has straightened out and we haven't had anymore complaints.

My personal belief is that no one under 17 should be on Facebook. We have family members who have let their kids have facebook pages that are under the age of 13. I haven't approved them to be on my page because of their age. Heck the ones who I feel are old enough half the time I can't stand what they are posting. So good on ya for standing up for what you have put down as a rule in your house.

She may think the world is ending right now but from experience I can tell you that most teenage girls have a tendency to be drama queens. I know I have one in my house.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
What's ODD?

I can only imagine, everyone is like" we want a girl so we can by pink stuff and make her all girly" ummmmmmmmm no thanks. I will actually have to raise her I don't find it funny. If I find out its a girl it might actually take me a couple weeks to get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

my 9 year old son who has ODD is easier to deal with than she is. If i ever have anymore i pray it will be a boy, I think i can only deal with girl drama once and  survive.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

This. Im pregnant and terrified its a girl

Quoting LDennany:

You guys are scaring me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Oh FUCK.NO!

I think I need to put my ds in the freezer so he won't grow up bc I swear, I'm going to jail!

I don't tolerate sneaking and lying, for one. That would have immediately gotten everything, including the door removed from her room. She would have had a prison style room. A few outfits of my choice, one pair of shoes of my choice, a bed, a sheet, a blanket and a pillow...also, of my choice.

She would learn how to military style make the bed. She will ask permission to do everything. She will begin doing manual labor after school work was finished. She would get the required 3 meals a day, water. Her ass would be mine from sun up until she went to school until she got home to sundown.

Sassiness during punishment? Awesome....wake up PT at 2am. Don't want to? Awesome, another foot added to the hole that is to be dug outside and lost one outfit.

Lay a hand in me? No. I'm calling the cops.

Ffs! I might as well turn myself in now!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Oppositional defiant disorder

. I wanted a girl for that exact same reason. I got what i wanted.  I do love her but she is such a drama queen. When she was in 4th grade the school nurse called me and ask if she was a drama queen. It has gotten so much worse since then. EVERYTHING is drama now.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

What's ODD?

I can only imagine, everyone is like" we want a girl so we can by pink stuff and make her all girly" ummmmmmmmm no thanks. I will actually have to raise her I don't find it funny. If I find out its a girl it might actually take me a couple weeks to get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

my 9 year old son who has ODD is easier to deal with than she is. If i ever have anymore i pray it will be a boy, I think i can only deal with girl drama once and  survive.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

This. Im pregnant and terrified its a girl

Quoting LDennany:

You guys are scaring me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)