Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Melatonin

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Have you tried melatonin with your child? Did you have good or bad results? How old was your child?

My son's sleep habits have gotten really bad and I am just exploring some options.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Replies (41-49):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
There's always one judgemental person that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I parent my child so I don't need to medicate them. I put them in bed and they go to sleep. If they wake up I send them back to bed. End of story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Nice assumptions too bad your wrong :) I actually have five very active children and two with special needs. I just take the time and make the effort to parent them with out drugs. If need be I will sit in their room until they fall asleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a fucking idiot. Not every child is the same and to try to put down another parent like that it stupid. Good for you, your child is probably a couch potato that has not motivation in his little life. There are kids who have the need to do something all day and have trouble falling asleep. Whether or not a child can easily fall asleep has nothing to do with parenting unless you have absolutely no bedtime schedule, most people asking for advice have a schedule that just isn't working

Quoting Anonymous:

I parent my child so I don't need to medicate them. I put them in bed and they go to sleep. If they wake up I send them back to bed. End of story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Or theirs always that one person who actually parents instead of drugging their child

Quoting Anonymous:

There's always one judgemental person that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Quoting Anonymous:

NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
The problem with that is that, of course, you can make a child stay in bed...but there is absolutely no method of parenting that can force anyone to fall asleep. Kids need sleep to function, simply being in bed with their eyes closed doesn't achieve that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM

i wanted to and i'm getting bashed 3 ways from sunday

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Like I said, you don't know what your talking about. Melatonin is more like a supplement than a drug. Your body naturally produces it. Some people don't produce enough of it. Do you think people that give their children vitamins are drugging them?
Quoting Anonymous:

Or theirs always that one person who actually parents instead of drugging their child

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM
No but yo can sit next to them and pat there back and maybe play a little classical music on a cd to help them relax and make sure they aren't playing around.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

The problem with that is that, of course, you can make a child stay in bed...but there is absolutely no method of parenting that can force anyone to fall asleep. Kids need sleep to function, simply being in bed with their eyes closed doesn't achieve that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM
My children eat healthy so again I have no need to give them vitamins.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, you don't know what your talking about. Melatonin is more like a supplement than a drug. Your body naturally produces it. Some people don't produce enough of it. Do you think people that give their children vitamins are drugging them?
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha. Some people eat very healthy, but their bodies just don't absorb the vitamins they need. Again, you are just posting to be judgemental and have no idea what your talking about.

Quoting Anonymous:

My children eat healthy so again I have no need to give them vitamins.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN