Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you hire a photographer?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you hire a photographer for your family/kids pictures or do you go to chain stores like JC penny? 

How much do you typically spend?

Also, I would love to see some of your pictures with your answers.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I go to one of those photographers in the mall.  I even bring my pets so they have their own portrait done.  The cost is dependent on how many photos you purchase.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Can I see some?!

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

I take them all myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
We don't do them. When we did we went to portrait innovations or I took them myself.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I hired a photographer and we took them outdoors for the first 3-4 years.  Haven't really taken any professional pics of us in about 4 years.  I would never go to a chain - too generic and I can't stand posed pictures.

It was so long ago I can't remember the cost but I'm sure it was probably a couple hundred.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Have you ever thought of going to custom photographer? Like one that meets you at a park or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

I go to one of those photographers in the mall.  I even bring my pets so they have their own portrait done.  The cost is dependent on how many photos you purchase.

LeilaBeansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I am so very incredibly lucky that my very dearest friend does photography, so I have hundreds of pics of my daughters at no cost. If it wasn't for her amazing generosity and talent we would be going to a chain for sure!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Sometimes I go to a chain but my mom is a photographer and she just moved closer to me so from now on she'll be doing then
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
This

Quoting MsRkg:

We usually hire a photographer to get more intimate photos that better represent us than some generic shot in a photo center. It's well worth the money.

Anonymous

Portrait innovations scares me! lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't do them. When we did we went to portrait innovations or I took them myself.

Anonymous

Can I see some of her work ?

Quoting dbush0584:

Sometimes I go to a chain but my mom is a photographer and she just moved closer to me so from now on she'll be doing then

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)