Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you hire a photographer?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you hire a photographer for your family/kids pictures or do you go to chain stores like JC penny? 

How much do you typically spend?

Also, I would love to see some of your pictures with your answers.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (201-210):
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

You can see my kids on the photographer's fb page on the link below.  We started off using  JC Penney when my son was little but I prefer hiring someone who'll do shots on location better than the store studio.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=259270794114005&set=a.259270164114068.59075.103515733022846&type=1&theater

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I was a wedding and studio photographer LONG before my son was born so I'm very picky.  Most of his stuff I do myself, but when I take him to a chain I take him to Portrait Innovations since we have a relationship with the manager and she is very good.  We generally get a 3 pose order which runs about $125 if memory serves and we get a CD with all the images-so I bring that home, edit them further and print the ones I want.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It is hysterical.

Quoting My-mono-twins:

I have my own company, I get paid to take pictures.  LOL,  Its so funny how people tell other people they dont know, how much they know about them, hysterical.

Quoting Anonymous:

you're not a photographer.

you're a mom who enjoys taking pictures.

Quoting My-mono-twins:

I have tons but its taking to long to load 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you take your family pictures your self? Can I see some of your work? I want to see pictures and no one has shared any yet.

Quoting My-mono-twins:

I am a photographer:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Allie's work is AMAZING!!!

Quoting HezekiahsMom07:

Me too! I'm a photographer as well, ameture though. I do charge a small fee. I love looking at other's work!

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Thank you! I sent you a message

Quoting AliIzzyMom:

Do you have a fan page or anything? These are awesome! I would love to see more work. Amazing! :-) you can pm if you prefer

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Thank you ! :)

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

These are incredible!

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Here's some of my stuff.  And before I'm asked, I block out my logo because it has my name.  Crazy people are in here...lol

IMG_7697copy-1.png

1-16.jpg

lightning_2.jpg

1-4.jpg

1copy-2.png

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM
My mom is our photographer :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I'm a photographer. I trade services with other photographers in my area when we need family pics.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I got  to JCP because the photographer there is AWESOME.  I cant post pics, don't own the rights, but she gets so many shots we have a difficult time deciding. We usually spend $100, but each time we get a gift card for $50 or so....currently I have $100 in gift certificates from them to spend in March. It depends on the photographer--the other lady that works there did my DD's one and they did not come out nearly as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Share your work?

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

I'm a photographer. I trade services with other photographers in my area when we need family pics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Myself.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

No I have friends and my sister who's good with photography so I just have them do them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)