Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you hire a photographer?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you hire a photographer for your family/kids pictures or do you go to chain stores like JC penny? 

How much do you typically spend?

Also, I would love to see some of your pictures with your answers.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (211-220):
Simple-Beauty
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM

These are pics of friends/family members, I don't share client pics online.

Quoting Anonymous:

Share your work?

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

I'm a photographer. I trade services with other photographers in my area when we need family pics.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM
She does beautiful work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Share your work?

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

I'm a photographer. I trade services with other photographers in my area when we need family pics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I did my son's early pictures with portrait innovations , and was really happy, but the last two times we've gone I've been less than thrilled. We decided to save up for a professional this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I am an armature photog and I take them all myself. I will be hiring a photog soon for my maternity shoot :) I think those generic photo shoots like in JC penny are just AWFUL. Ugh

Katt709
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

We have done both portrait innovations or picture people and journalistic photographers. I like each for different reasons. I take Christmas card photos and newborn and the monthly pictures during the 1st year myself. I'll post some pics when I get to my computer.

From DS1's 4 month photo shoot - with a photo journalist. About 100 images. No prints only cd with copyright release. About 150.00 total. Wasn't over the moon about the images but we got some good pictures.

From my DS1's 1 year photo shoot at the picture people - probably cost about 250 - no prints we only get the cd with copyright release. There was about 50 edited pictures. I was very happy with what we got. 

My very amateur christmas card photoshoot for DS1 with our rebel camera. I think it's great! 6 months here.

We did his 2nd year photos at portrait inovations. I wasn't excited about it. I paid for the cd probably about 250 again I'm sure and only got maybe 30 pictures. 

Then I did the christmas card again - 18 months old here.

Then we did family pictures after Oliver was born at 6 months and Wesley was 3. Hired a photo journalist again. Love her! Very happy with the images. About 100 edited cost about 150.00 with the cd with copyright release.

Christmas again! I did it - Wesley's 2.5 here and Oliver is 2 months

Oliver's 1  year pictures were done by the same photographer who did the family pictures before. Again about 150.00 with cd about 120 images. I love her! 

Then this year's christmas card I did again - Wesley's 3.5 and Oliver's 14 months

Ok - so I think that's all of them. Sorry for the overload - I like to share! Like I said I like all the different ways for different reasons. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Been doing DDs myself
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

britmichele
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Cute!!! What state are you in?

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

These are pics of friends/family members, I don't share client pics online.

Quoting Anonymous:

Share your work?

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured