Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you hire a photographer?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you hire a photographer for your family/kids pictures or do you go to chain stores like JC penny? 

How much do you typically spend?

Also, I would love to see some of your pictures with your answers.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Oh I think its a good deal too!! :) People where I live would clutch their purses at $500/session though. Its kind of sad!

Quoting southernbelletx:

Each time... But that's still a pretty good deal. My friends paid $1000 for pictures. I almost fell out when she told me that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats good! Do you spend about $500 each time or all around?

Quoting southernbelletx:

We hire a photographer 2x a year and spend about $500 for a cd with rights to the pics and a few pictures.

baseballmom5416
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

i had a friend of mine do mine for me.she put them on a cd and i can take them to walmart or cvs and print out what i want..and she only charged $50.00 for the cd

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I only get my sons pics done on his birthday, and I've always gone to JCPenney. They come out good, but it's definitely nothing fantastic to write home about. I get regular old portrait style pics, but maybe when he's into some kind of sport or something I will have more "personal"
Pics done, and those I wouldn't do at a place like JCP. I typically pay maybe $20. Online they have coupons, always free sitting fee. Ill get like a free 8x10, 3.99 photo sheets, etc. I haven't been disappointed yey, but I don't go there expecting outstanding work either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
My MIL is a photographer, so she does all of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM

It is calibrated, but I uploaded original hi-res images. I edited my reply so the pics are smaller. Thanks! I've been shooting for about 12 years, and now only shoot for the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep foundation and our foster system. I don't do paid work anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cute!! Love the little details. Is your monitor calibrated? After I had mine calibrated it totally changed the game.

Quoting audreesmama:

I'm a photographer, so I take them myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I hired a photographer to take my kids pictures. I spent $300 and some change for all the photos, over 100 shots total. Best $300 I ever spent, it's totally worth it!
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I do our own. Photography is one of my many hobby's. We have only a few times had professional ones take. For our engagement and they were a gift to us. For our wedding, girls school photos. But have only twice got them from there and then a friend of mine. Did a trade with me. She did our family photos and I made some photo props for her.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
We go to sears. It's just easier. The most I've ever spent is about 150. I've seen friends pay up to 1000 for mediocre photographer pics. When I actually see some that are good I may hire them.
CmC1307
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I felt so rushed there and it was so impersonal. I got the cd with the rights of all the ecited photos from the photographer too all included in that 145! Great deal for an hour session plus the cd. It was just us nd her so leeah was less distracted and smiled a lot more!
CafeMom Tickers
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
We hired a photographer for his 6 month photos and will again for 1 year. We paid $100 for the sitting fee, and $50 for a cd with all the prints and copyright release
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)