Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son bought princess toothpaste

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My son is 5 and first picked out transformer toothpaste. Then he changed his mind and picked princess toothpaste. Normally, DH freaks when DS wants something "girly." Tonight though, he didn't say anything. DS just shot his dad a shit eating grin as he put it in the cart. I swear he does it just to screw with his dad sometimes. LOL

Yes, he got the princess toothpaste.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

LOL if he knows it gets to him he will. Smart boy! Sounds like an awesome child!

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My son can buy any "girly" thing he wants, I'm not teaching him gender roles.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Normal people don't care. I just got a hoot out of the look he gave his dad, like, "I know you're probably going to freak out so let's see." LOL
I could tell DH WANTED to tell him no but as this crap has been a major bone of contention (DH making a big deal over stupid shit, like the kid wanting pink socks or "girly" toothpaste), he refrained. I was shocked and happy. :-)

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

My boys don't do things like this. They are into typical things...

Except my youngest wanted a kitchen set. SO HE CAN PUT REAL food in it.. LOL

Who cares it is toothpaste. Maybe he likes the color pink.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Oh I couldn't care less. If I did, he wouldn't have gotten it. It's DH, who managed to refrain tonight. And I just got a kick out of DS. It was funny. (DH had his back to him so he didn't catch the grin, lol.)

Quoting Retrokitty:

My son can buy any "girly" thing he wants, I'm not teaching him gender roles.

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

When my oldest daughter was 2, I bought her a tool box Easter basket.  It was a plastic tool box with plastic nails, hammer, screwdriver, stuff like that in it.  She loved it.  She's 10 now and the most girly girl I know.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Yeah, men can be more judgemental then women. :O) Maybe he has decided if he doesn't push it. Then it will be just a phase. IDK. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal people don't care. I just got a hoot out of the look he gave his dad, like, "I know you're probably going to freak out so let's see." LOL
I could tell DH WANTED to tell him no but as this crap has been a major bone of contention (DH making a big deal over stupid shit, like the kid wanting pink socks or "girly" toothpaste), he refrained. I was shocked and happy. :-)

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
He's pretty stinking awesome if you ask me, though I may be biased.

Quoting ColleenF30:

LOL if he knows it gets to him he will. Smart boy! Sounds like an awesome child!

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Omg I need that!

And lol op. As long as his teeth are staying clean. That's all that matters. Haha :)

Quoting Anonymous:

My dd picked hulk hand soap lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My 5 yr old daughter has a bumblebee toothbrush, Adidas backpack, and hates dress shoes. Kids like what they like... My daughter on a typical day has her warm up pants, soccer shirt, a handful of hot wheels and wants to watch transformers or fast n the furious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
More likely he figured he really doesn't want to be single. ;-)

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yeah, men can be more judgemental then women. :O) Maybe he has decided if he doesn't push it. Then it will be just a phase. IDK. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)