Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Judge Judy - a longish vent

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just watching Judge Judy and I am so pissed!

there was 10 year old boy whose dog got lost and a 20 year old neighbor found it. he claimed that he couldn't figure out who the dog belonged to. the girlfriend of the 20 year old brother said she told him, but he claimed she didn't.

anyhow, by the end the dog was brought in and was given the choice of whom to go to. the dog went to 20 year old and his girlfriend. the poor 10 year old was practically in tears by then and the 20 year old just seemed not to care at all. Judge Judy clearly wanted to give the dog to the boy, but she explained that she had to do what was best for the dog.

she said she didn't like to reward the 20 year old for doing what he did because it was wrong. she then awarded the mom $2500 to get any dog the little boy wanted. once the ruling was done the little boy burst into tears.

outside of the courtroom the mom was in tears and said all the boy wanted was his dog back. the 20 year old really just didn't care.

I was practically in tears for the little boy.

Ticker id: TdTfTicker id: cqHDTicker id: euteTicker id: vPtL

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Replies (31-38):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah but if they wanted the dog back that badly why would they sell themselves off so easily.It doesnt cost much to file in small claims court.Google Judge Judy ,she actually has no authority to enforce anything like giving the dog back.The winner of these cases is paid right from the shows money,not the defendants. So these parents basically sold their kids dog for a vacation and some money.A real court would have returned the dog.
Ricanme
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:51 AM

What goes around, comes around that 20yr will get his sooner or later.

romalove
by SakePrincess on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

How long had the 20 year old had the dog and the 10 year old been without the dog?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

She is about the real truth. That's why people call her bitch. They can't stand that she actually is correct!

Quoting Anonymous:

judge judy is a total bitch with no regard to the real truth

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM

she doesn't give people a chance to explain their side...how is that hearing the truth??? she hears what she wants to hear, and that's it....she makes her judgement for who she likes in the courtroom

Quoting Anonymous:

She is about the real truth. That's why people call her bitch. They can't stand that she actually is correct!

Quoting Anonymous:

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:59 AM

i saw that. it sucks. poor kid. 

i love judge judy. 

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM

i kind of agree. though she is fair, and for truth, she tends to make her mind up about a person before it even starts. usually shes right on spot thoough.

Quoting Anonymous:

she doesn't give people a chance to explain their side...how is that hearing the truth??? she hears what she wants to hear, and that's it....she makes her judgement for who she likes in the courtroom

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Well, in this case she openly admitted to not liking the defendant or what he did. She only let him keep the dog because of the dog. I almost always agree with JJ. This one was tough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)