Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

quick question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

my BD jst told me that this girl he messed around with over 2 yrs ago is saying her baby is his and she wants a test done.. she came out of no where her bf is on the babies birth certificate and its been so long so idk why she is making this a big deal! but than i found out that her and her bf broke up so now shes trying all these things..me and my bd arent together but we live with each other and are doing really good right now kinda like starting over.. so anyways my question is can she make my BD take a test if he doesnt want to or put him on CS if it is his even tho her BF is on the babies certificate? im not saying he shldnt pay CS im jst wondering so we can knw

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
your_angel
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Whoever's on the birth certificate is legally responsible ....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 AM

IF she takes him to court....the court can compel him to take a test BUT she is also going to have to explain why this other guy is on the birth certificate

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 AM
She can take him to court for paternity and have him compelled to be tested.
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Not always true she can claim she was not sure and that she wants a test to make sure. He can still end up paying cs. If the dna says he is the bio father the judge may favor the mom. Really all depends on the judge. He needs to explain she said nothing till now save all text and convos. Explain its weird they break up and out of the blue she tells him.

Quoting your_angel:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:20 AM

ok thank you ladies 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:24 AM

they werent a couple it was jst a one night thing....that what makes no sense it cld be anyones kid so why come after 2 yrs...and if she wants sure she shldnt of had that guy sign the birth certificate she said that he knew it might not be his(her BF) so why come out the blue

Quoting anonymous12308:

Not always true she can claim she was not sure and that she wants a test to make sure. He can still end up paying cs. If the dna says he is the bio father the judge may favor the mom. Really all depends on the judge. He needs to explain she said nothing till now save all text and convos. Explain its weird they break up and out of the blue she tells him.

Quoting your_angel:

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Thats what I mean tell the judge that. when I said break up I meant tell the judge its weird she just happens to contact him when her an her bf broke up. Save everything. Although she can still go to court and order a test and if its his he can end up paying cs. They wont back track it though since he didnt know anything till now.

Quoting Anonymous:

they werent a couple it was jst a one night thing....that what makes no sense it cld be anyones kid so why come after 2 yrs...and if she wants sure she shldnt of had that guy sign the birth certificate she said that he knew it might not be his(her BF) so why come out the blue

Quoting anonymous12308:

Quoting your_angel:

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM

yes. she can force him to take a test but only with a court order since another mans name is on the birthcertificate and he also has to agree to testing as well. it can be really long and drawn out in the courts too and what sucks is if it turns out that it is his then if she really wanted to be a bitch she could try to nail him for everything since the baby was born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Maury! Maury! Maury!
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Why wouldn't you want to know if you had a grandbaby?  I mean if she forces him and she's wrong she has to pay for the test anyways...or atleast here in PA...he has nothing to loose...How old is your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)