Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your child came out appearing like a different race...

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:28 AM
  • 107 Replies

than that of you or your husband, do you think your husband would question your fidelity or would he just chalk it up to weird genetics and not think a thing of it? Let's say you know the hospital didn't switch the baby or anything. It is YOUR baby.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM

BUMP!

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:31 AM

One of my twins looks kind of Asian. He didn't look real Asian when he came out, but he kind of does now. It's weird. The boys don't look anything alike.

kappalopokis
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM
My husband is uneducated and doesn't understand genetics. I don't know what he'd think though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM
He would guess it was in the blood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM
that's hard to say, black babies don't usually come out dark skinned and there are so many shades of complexion.
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Um idk. Ds looks nothing like dh and all like me and he never questions that. Not that he should but my genetics won out in that one. And dd looks just like dh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Lol, I just looked at your photos and they don't look anything alike. There are just so many possibilities when it comes to genetics.

I am white (with a lot of NA in me) and my SO is black and Mexican, so there is Hispanic ethnicity.  He is always teasing me and saying that all things are possible except Asian. If the baby comes out Asian, I am some explaining to do...lol.

Quoting Salsacookies:

One of my twins looks kind of Asian. He didn't look real Asian when he came out, but he kind of does now. It's weird. The boys don't look anything alike.

mydarlingsofia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM
He'd definitely joke about the baby not being his but I dont think he'd mean it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Well mine better be coming out a different race or someone cheated, LMAOOOOOO

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM

My DH is Mexican, theres a few REALLY dark people and a few that look caucasian in his family. A few of his nephews look asian as well. 

So yeah. Our daughters looked white when they were born and are now medium skin toned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)