Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Idt I can handle it anymore (long vent)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I love my dd with all my heart she means the world to me she has all ways been a "difficult" child

My old friend would call her the devils child (reason why we are not friends anymore)

And my family practically refuses to watch her even for just an hour

<

I can't handle her any more (iv all way put her in time out when needed) she does not listen to me anymore no matter what I try

She is 3 and has never been one to get what she wants just because

One day at my moms her and my niece were playing and the started fighting

My DD pushed my niece down took a toy from her and thought she would not be punished

When I put her in time out its like her fit turned into a mental meltdown

I picked her up and took her to the car and it just got worse she was kicking and screaming I almost dropped her multiple times

Got her to the car buckled her carseat and started driving when she threw one of her toys at the side window and almost broke it!!!!

We got home and she went straight to bed (it was around 7pm)

It seems like it's only gotten worse since that day and I really don't know what to do anymore :-/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Have you talked to her doctor? Maybe try some kind of schedule and calmly think of how punishments will go from now on. I guess the key would be consistency and having it all planned out just in case to reduce stress.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Really...how bad can she be.....She is only 3.....she will settle down. 

marinenonstop
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Have you thought of taking her to see a psychologist or a behavioural therapist? She's three, she needs structure and boundaries. If time outs aren't working, what else have you tried? I would hate to see you possibly put her up for adoption just because of this.. i mean she's three. No child is cut and dry black and white. Its a learning process and you need to learn what works best for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
She is on the same schedule that she has been her whole life

He punishment has also been the same her whole life

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you talked to her doctor? Maybe try some kind of schedule and calmly think of how punishments will go from now on. I guess the key would be consistency and having it all planned out just in case to reduce stress.

sweetgrlangel
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds normal to me. My 3 year old is the same way, and so were my 2 older children at that age. I call my son my little monster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
All 3 of my kids were this way at 3. My kids were terrible. My youngest is 3 now and I'm scared to take him to the play ground because he's terrible. Trust me momma's this will pass. When your dd turns 5 she will mellow out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Adoption BC you can't handle her? Good job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Bad enough I have to beg family to watch her (for like doctors appointments I can't take her to)

Quoting Sassy762:

Really...how bad can she be.....She is only 3.....she will settle down. 

happy41ce
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Welcome to motherbood. If you can't handle her..and you give her away.. I'd hope you make plans to not have anymore.
This is typical behavior out of a 3 yr old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetgrlangel
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM
2 moms liked this
This is why I call them: the terrible 2s, the troublesome 3s, and the fearsome 4s. So just wait...... It gets much better! Ha ha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN