Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you saw this billboard in your area.

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?SGk=?=

Would you be offended?

Would you feel it made your neighborhood look trashy? Or is it freedom of speech?

It says "thou shalt not commit adultery", the " not" has been crossed out and then there is a website listed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hell, I live near a big city. There are billboards for strip clubs with nearly nude women on them. One about adultery is down right tame.  And yes, I would love to see the strip club signs gone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I am scarred for life....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

No, I wouldn't want that in my area.  Yes, it looks trashy.  It's not something for a family with children who can read to drive past. 

Oh please...little kids are not even going to understand the implications. Any child old enough to should be old enough to handle it. I don't think it's classy but its just a billboard...its not going to scar anyone for life.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I don't think that would ever go up in our area.

If it did, it would be gone quickly.

I'd be like WTF!?!
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM
The advertisements are geared towards adult men. I don't know where else they could put them but I feel like women and mostly children shouldn't have to see them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell, I live near a big city. There are billboards for strip clubs with nearly nude women on them. One about adultery is down right tame.  And yes, I would love to see the strip club signs gone. 

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM
LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I am scarred for life....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

No, I wouldn't want that in my area.  Yes, it looks trashy.  It's not something for a family with children who can read to drive past. 

Oh please...little kids are not even going to understand the implications. Any child old enough to should be old enough to handle it. I don't think it's classy but its just a billboard...its not going to scar anyone for life.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I would laugh!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Most kids don't even know what adultery means, and adultery certainly is not restricted to men. The billboard in general is inappropriate based on the content, not based on who all can see it. Grown men can be just as offended by it as women, and grown women can be just as turned on and excited by it as grown men. 

In my situation, everyone is seeing girls who are posed so they look completely nude, and oiled up while sucking on lollipops. Sorry, yours is tame by comparison. 

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

The advertisements are geared towards adult men. I don't know where else they could put them but I feel like women and mostly children shouldn't have to see them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Yes, it's trashy, but people are free to advertise what they want. It wouldn't fly in my neighborhood anyway, so no worries here.

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I was agreeing with you. This bb isn't even near my home I wasn't trying to make it a.competitionand I suppose a woman could be excited by another greased up woman but most I know are not. As far as children go I wasn't talking about just the adultery bb I meant all sexually explicit advertisments in general

Quoting Anonymous:

Most kids don't even know what adultery means, and adultery certainly is not restricted to men. The billboard in general is inappropriate based on the content, not based on who all can see it. Grown men can be just as offended by it as women, and grown women can be just as turned on and excited by it as grown men. 

In my situation, everyone is seeing girls who are posed so they look completely nude, and oiled up while sucking on lollipops. Sorry, yours is tame by comparison. 

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I wouldn't think anything except, "Oh goody, loser advertising!".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)