Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you saw this billboard in your area.

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?SGk=?=

Would you be offended?

Would you feel it made your neighborhood look trashy? Or is it freedom of speech?

It says "thou shalt not commit adultery", the " not" has been crossed out and then there is a website listed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (51-60):
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I see what your saying about just ignoring it but you really wouldn't mind if this was placed around the corner where your children play or where guest coming to visit your home would have to drive by? You think that doesnt effect peoples opinion about your community.

I'm not saying your wrong, your opinion is totally your own but I'm just curious.

Quoting lazydayz:

has no bearing on what kind of neighborhood you live in.  who cares. just dont read it.

lazydayz
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I would not want it over my house if thats what you are saying.  But this sign looks to be one that would be displayed in a high traffic busy area, not where people live, rather where they shop and work.  However, If I misunderstood and this is displayed in a neighborhood, well, the girl is not wearing anything skimpy, but I would not want my children asking me questions about or thinking it is socially acceptable.  

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

I see what your saying about just ignoring it but you really wouldn't mind if this was placed around the corner where your children play or where guest coming to visit your home would have to drive by? You think that doesnt effect peoples opinion about your community.

I'm not saying your wrong, your opinion is totally your own but I'm just curious.

Quoting lazydayz:

has no bearing on what kind of neighborhood you live in.  who cares. just dont read it.

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I agree. Unfortunately sex sells and it is every where. : (

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

I'd have to agree with you. I wouldn't want it near my house.....when ever I see "adult" advertisements I think trashy neighborhood/ area. I don't care that they are out there. Just as long as it says out of my community where I plan to raise children.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

No, I wouldn't want that in my area.  Yes, it looks trashy.  It's not something for a family with children who can read to drive past. 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

No, but I certainly wouldn't want it in my area.  It's trashy and disgusting to promote adultery like that and a clear sign of the degeneration of our morals and values in the country.  If we are okay with encouraging cheating, then what else are we okay with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Pshhh, Missouri is full of trashy billboards. This is mild compared to some seen here.
britishmummy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I wouldn't be offended. I just wouldn't go on the website.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I think it's terrible and I can't believe people have the conscious to promote and work for a business like that.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I find them to be smart business people.

They know there is a market and it pays.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

I think it's terrible and I can't believe people have the conscious to promote and work for a business like that.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I agree with yall

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

I'd have to agree with you. I wouldn't want it near my house.....when ever I see "adult" advertisements I think trashy neighborhood/ area. I don't care that they are out there. Just as long as it says out of my community where I plan to raise children.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

No, I wouldn't want that in my area.  Yes, it looks trashy.  It's not something for a family with children who can read to drive past. 

mackiebugsmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I think its stupid sign but a lot of signs are stupid and don't effect me...im thankful my town is very marriage friendly. We see marriage matters signs instead of that crap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN