Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you saw this billboard in your area.

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?SGk=?=

Would you be offended?

Would you feel it made your neighborhood look trashy? Or is it freedom of speech?

It says "thou shalt not commit adultery", the " not" has been crossed out and then there is a website listed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (81-90):
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Eh, no biggie.  It's a business, their right to post their billboards wherever they want. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I get offended when anyone acts like marriage is a joke. And I tthink it looks super trashy. But what can ya do. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM
What if you saw one that said "try cocaine, its a.hell of a good time". Lol that wouldn't be forcing anyone to do drugs but I don't know that, that would be allowed anywhere.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

the billboard itself isn't illegal. They're not forcing anybody to go commit adultery

Quoting justahousewife:

Considering adultery is illegal in a lot of states (if not all). I would think that billboard would be illegal. I don't think freedom of speech covers illegal acts. I could be wrong.

And yes, I find it offensive. It's degrading to marriages.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My neighborhood doesn't allow any billboards or signs because they are all tacky.

mich.el.le

It doesn't offend me, exactly, but it's not something I would want up in my area.

Lizardannie1966

It's a billboard and while I don't condone adultery, they have a right to advertise this way.

I wouldn't care as long as it wasn't in my private, residential neighborhood. Then again, I wouldn't want ANY type of billboard in a residential community I live in.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I wouldn't like it. It's freedom of speech or advertising but is still think it made my area trashy.
19andmomtobe
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM

i think its gross and just shows what kind of world this has become.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I would be more shocked that they put up a billboard lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Do you believe we have an American Taliban with ethics in the law?  Adultery is not illegal in the US.  You could file a torte in civil court for alienation of affection, but that is not a crime.  They will not handcuff you and throw you in jail for adultery in the US.

Now years ago they tried it for sodomy in the south.  Even that has been given up now.

Quoting justahousewife:

Considering adultery is illegal in a lot of states (if not all). I would think that billboard would be illegal. I don't think freedom of speech covers illegal acts. I could be wrong.

And yes, I find it offensive. It's degrading to marriages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)