Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you call it in???

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 70 Replies
At dds school there is a "dad" who gets his kids early every day.

Every day he has 6, yes 6, pile into an older jeep (think 1990 Cherokee)

1 up front and 5 in the back. I had that car. It has 3 belts in the back. The youngest are twin 5 year olds and the oldest is in 6th grade.....

Would you call??? They arent in seats and I bet they arent buckled....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No I wouldn't....maybe he can't afford another car. Not your kids not your problem. Do you plan on giving his kids a ride home in the future?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

No I wouldn't....maybe he can't afford another car. Not your kids not your problem. Do you plan on giving his kids a ride home in the future?
halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM
They live 2 blocks from the school.... they can walk :-( im just sad for the kids. They are a poor family but really?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM
7 moms liked this

Its a sad story but you've mentioned they are poor so why cause even more trouble? What do you hope to accomplish? What can CPS really do? They wont buy them a bigger car. Or even offer to help pay for one. Only thing it will do is cause drama

Talk to the father and offer a couple of kids a ride home. Other than that, let it be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
That is probably the best he can do, but it's not good enough. Anyone can afford a 400-800$ van off of Craiglist in the first 5 years of of their kids lives (assuming he didn't realize he needed bigger before the twins came). How did he do it when they were still in car seats.

Yeah, I'd call. Hopefully it would be a rude awake inch for him and finally he'll try to do better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Yes I would
Iron_Beauty
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I wouldn't call, but I would talk to him. Tell him your concerned for their safety, and maybe even offer to give rides or something.  Help him look for a cheap car thats big enough for all of them too.  With taxes coming up and that many kids,  i am going to assume he'll be getting at least enough to buy a cheap van or 4 door sedan.

halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I would rather the kids be safe then dead! There is no way they are buckled. None.

They arent in boosters and they are TINY kids.

If this post qas about an infant not in a seat people would be jumping all over it.

I cant take his kids. I have no extra room mysef.

Quoting mommy_me:

Its a sad story but you've mentioned they are poor so why cause even more trouble? What do you hope to accomplish? What can CPS really do? They wont buy them a bigger car. Or even offer to help pay for one. Only thing it will do is cause drama

Talk to the father and offer a couple of kids a ride home. Other than that, let it be

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I have five kids and while we now have an 8 passenger van when they were younger we could not have afforded a larger vehicle. So you do what you have to. Why make it worse ?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is probably the best he can do, but it's not good enough. Anyone can afford a 400-800$ van off of Craiglist in the first 5 years of of their kids lives (assuming he didn't realize he needed bigger before the twins came). How did he do it when they were still in car seats.

Yeah, I'd call. Hopefully it would be a rude awake inch for him and finally he'll try to do better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes they would be much better off in a foster home rather than with parents who love them smh

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

I would rather the kids be safe then dead! There is no way they are buckled. None.

They arent in boosters and they are TINY kids.

If this post qas about an infant not in a seat people would be jumping all over it.

I cant take his kids. I have no extra room mysef.

Quoting mommy_me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN