Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

slimfast....have you done it?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 45 Replies
If so how did it work for you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:18 AM
It just made me not hungry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:19 AM
No
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:21 AM

My dh tried it yrs ago (lol, he probably doesn't want me telling the world, but whatever...he's always been healthy & hot) when he gained weight from quitting smoking.  I think it filled him up & gave him some energy...but he didn't lose weight from it. 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM

waste of money ...will leave you hungry you need to eat the right foods and the right amount to loose weight 

mary841108
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:24 AM

i tried it after i had my son. the slimfast meals were really gross. the shakes were alright. but i noticed  that even after a shake i was STARVING!!!!! i hated it and ended up quitting the slimfast. now i've just been doing portions (instead of a big dinner plate, i use the small 'sandwich' plates) and I now eat 3 meals a day with small healthy snacks in between. it's slow going but i've lost some weight.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I am trying to use it to get me used to eating during the day again. I only eat one meal a day. Anytime i eat breakfast or lunch i feel ssssooooo sick becausr i have been doing this for years! I looovvee drinking i hate eating. I am trying to get my body back to used to eating 3 meals a day.

Quoting mary841108:

i tried it after i had my son. the slimfast meals were really gross. the shakes were alright. but i noticed  that even after a shake i was STARVING!!!!! i hated it and ended up quitting the slimfast. now i've just been doing portions (instead of a big dinner plate, i use the small 'sandwich' plates) and I now eat 3 meals a day with small healthy snacks in between. it's slow going but i've lost some weight.

mary841108
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM

that's how i was, coffee ALL day then just dinner. it takes a bit to get used to. the first week or so you;ll feel sick and dragged down, then you'll start feeling better.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I am trying to use it to get me used to eating during the day again. I only eat one meal a day. Anytime i eat breakfast or lunch i feel ssssooooo sick becausr i have been doing this for years! I looovvee drinking i hate eating. I am trying to get my body back to used to eating 3 meals a day.

Quoting mary841108:

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

gross. Threw up after 2 drinks. Try Raw Juicing. Soo much better and Healthier. And you loose weight quick and its extremely healthy for you. Watch "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" Very inspiring.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM
-sob- i have cut out my soda. I hate coffee. I am so bad at eating i now have multiple alarms set reminding me to eat and drink water (i hate water.) I am trying to lose 100 pounds which brings me down to 130.

Quoting mary841108:

that's how i was, coffee ALL day then just dinner. it takes a bit to get used to. the first week or so you;ll feel sick and dragged down, then you'll start feeling better.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting mary841108:

keisha613
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I did it in high school. I was made fun of for it when another student saw it in my locker. And no, it didn't work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN