Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this unprofessional?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

Sorry if you can read it, I don't have the time to write out what it says.

This is the note I found on my door and although it doesn't apply to me because I make sure my rent is paid on time every time I still find the letter highly unprofessional.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't find it unprofessional. They are giving people written notice of what will happen if they continue to pay their rent late. It's one way to cover their a$$ so when their tenants get an evicition notice, they can't complain and say they didn't know.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM
What is unprofessional about it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Okay... maybe I'm missing something.... but how is it unprofessional to expect rent to be paid on time and in full?

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM

No it's not. They deserve their rent on time. Exceptions should be made once in a while, we've been late here and there due to some type of emergency, but for the most part, why keep paying late?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Nope, it's professional. It's a legal, revised notice on how late payments are to be handled going forward- in fact, had it not been on your door, or delivered to you someone, THEN it would be unprofessional and illegal. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

No I don't think it is unprofessional.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

what about it seems unprofessional to you?

EAzizM
by Erica on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Doesn't seem unprofessional to expect tenants to pay rent on time. People have obviously been taking advantage of it, this should set them straight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
The underlined and bolded part is what I consider unprofessional. They should've left that put all together.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

What is unprofessional about it?
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM

No, I don't find it unprofessional. This letter seems like it comes from an apartment manager who is informing tenants what is no longer acceptable as far as payments go. I imagine he was trying to do his best to accomodate residents and that the owners gave him some latitude to do so but it got to the point where the people he helped were taking advantage of the situation. There are some renters who can't understand that their rent is needed on time for owners to pay salaries, taxes, and up-keep on their complex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)