Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The no make up craze ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you wear make up every day??

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 957

View Results

Ok, so the big thing lately, is the awe of women going makeup less ...... Really??? Even going as far as writing a book about it. Lots of women don't wear make up. Every day!! Why is it such a big craze to see women who wear make up every day, take it off to reveal their "true" self? Who cares!! Lots of women show their "true" self everyday. So should we do a craze for those that normally don't wear make up everyday, and show them putting make up on everyday ?? Its better for your skin to NOT wear make up every day. Make up can actually age your skin faster. But if women choose to wear makeup everyday, then good, that's what they like and want to do. And same goes for those that don't want to wear it. One choice is not better then the other. Its all about personal choice. I personally do not like to wear make up everyday. As a SAHM i don't need to look dolled up for my 2yr old. I like to wear it on special occasion, or when i want to doll up for DH or for myself. But there is no wrong in that. Same goes for those that want to put make up on even for just around the house. I just don't get the craze that's starting. We all know people on TV wear make up. Its not some deep dark secret. Just seems weird to me. 

***EDIT*** Ladies, i am not insulting those that want/like to wear make up every day. There is nothing wrong with that. There is a craze where many well known women on TV are bareing it all and going makeup less. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I am a sahm. I never wear makeup. not even on days when I leave the house. I only wear makeup for special occasions. so like 2-3 times a year. I really have no reason to wear it around the house or the few times a week I leave the house to go to the grocery store.

MommyCirca2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this! Lol

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

IDK I don't wear makeup. Atleast very very rarely and when I do it's eyeliner mascara & lip gloss...done.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
keisha613
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I've only worn make up at my wedding. And that was only lip gloss, mascara, and a bit of blush on my cheeks. I did it all myself too. I'm moblie or else I 'll post a pic. I didn't look bad though.
Nunyabusiness
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM

When I worked as a cosmetologist I did. Kinda goes with the job though.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Makeup is POISON!!

kattu
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I haven't worn make up in years.
VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I wear it on days I leave the house, which is almost every day. If I am just staying home I'll go without.
babyblue415
by champagne on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Why?  i'm a sahm and hubby thinks i should wear make up, i think i look way better with make up but i just dont see the point. my hubby wold only see it like two hours a day anyway , its not like i'm meeting other people. maybe you could motivate me to do it more often? ! thanks

Quoting PinkyPan:

I wear make up daily and I hardly leave the house. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I do that on occasion, like if im going to the mall, sometimes i get a spark in my butt and will put make up on. I like make up, but for me its sometimes self image issues. Some days are better then others hehe. 

Quoting layawatling:

If I go out... I'm wearing makeup. I mean full makeup cause I looove that shit lol. I like dramatic makeup...falsies..love it all.

If I'm at home, I'm au naturel.

Rileyscute
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I do wear makeup..and so far so good on the aging thing..so..I don't really see the issue..it's my face after all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)