Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The no make up craze ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you wear make up every day??

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 957

View Results

Ok, so the big thing lately, is the awe of women going makeup less ...... Really??? Even going as far as writing a book about it. Lots of women don't wear make up. Every day!! Why is it such a big craze to see women who wear make up every day, take it off to reveal their "true" self? Who cares!! Lots of women show their "true" self everyday. So should we do a craze for those that normally don't wear make up everyday, and show them putting make up on everyday ?? Its better for your skin to NOT wear make up every day. Make up can actually age your skin faster. But if women choose to wear makeup everyday, then good, that's what they like and want to do. And same goes for those that don't want to wear it. One choice is not better then the other. Its all about personal choice. I personally do not like to wear make up everyday. As a SAHM i don't need to look dolled up for my 2yr old. I like to wear it on special occasion, or when i want to doll up for DH or for myself. But there is no wrong in that. Same goes for those that want to put make up on even for just around the house. I just don't get the craze that's starting. We all know people on TV wear make up. Its not some deep dark secret. Just seems weird to me. 

***EDIT*** Ladies, i am not insulting those that want/like to wear make up every day. There is nothing wrong with that. There is a craze where many well known women on TV are bareing it all and going makeup less. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I refuse to sacrifice 30 minutes of precious sleep time in the morning for hair and make up before work. Brush hair. Put in hair tie, wash sleep off face and bruch teeth. Thats it. I do wear make up if im going out some where where i need to look presentable. But nothing too crazy. Eyeliner, mascara, Cheek color (cus im casper white) and lip gloss/lip color. Done. But usually nothing at all. In the summer, its water proof mascara and lip color only. i sweat every thing else off

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I don't need make up to be beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksueditz
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Quoting kattu:

I haven't worn make up in years.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I don't wear any makeup, really ever. I did wear makeup on my wedding day, that was applied for me. I wouldn't know the first thing about wearing anything that wasn't mascara and/or lipgloss.

(BBC=mrscorbin924)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Make up makes my skin angry...
So I don't wear it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I go through phases where I wear makeup all the time and then I wear none at all. I've noticed the beginning of the semester of school, I look great, then by finals it's a ponytail and no makeup lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I mean, if i leave the house, i make sure my face is washed, my hair is done neatly. So even if i do go out makeup less, im not going out looking like i just rolled out of bed. 

elizabg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I wear full make up if I'm going out somewhere or to work.  There are times when if I'm running to the store i just put on foundation.  If I am at home cleaning, i don't wear any.  I will go without some other times if I don't feel like putting it on.  

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I used to wear it every day when I was a teen. Now, I might throw on some eyeliner and mascara twice a week and thats it lol

anjones09
by Ash on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I wear make up everyday and I'm a sahm. It makes me feel better about myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN