Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH is a lazy obsessive compulsive!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

He drives me nuts! He expects the house to be perfect at all times, but won't even pick up after himself. He leaves his clothes everywhere, his dishes everywhere, etc. but then if I have a bad day and don't get everything done, he freaks out about the house being a mess. I love him very much, but it drives me nuts when he does this. How do I get him to quit being obsessive over the house? I don't go to his job and nit pick everything he does, so he needs to back off of me. My house is not disgusting by any means, I'm talking about the clothes still being in the dryer the next morning, or a few toys on the living room floor cuz the kids have been playing all day in there, or *gasp* a pillow fell off the bed. grrrr!!! He's stressing me out for no reason. I feel like I can't relax in my own home because I'm always worried about something not being "right" 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I left my husband for two nights with our 1 1/2 year to go see my sister and nephews. He has never said another word.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM

hahahaha!! thats the best part, I go to school in the evenings and he is stuck with the kids and he seriously freaks out when I call him between classes. but since I'm a woman, I'm not supposed to get overwelmed. it should just "come natural" to me. 

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I left my husband for two nights with our 1 1/2 year to go see my sister and nephews. He has never said another word.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My rule is "If you're not going to help, STFU."  Hub is not allowed to complain if he's not pitching in.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Tell him if he doesnt like it maybe he should make it a little easier on you and pick up after himself. It is not that damn difficult!

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Just leave it and ignore him. Tell him if he nags at you because a pillow fell off the bed that pillow will stay on the damn floor. 

Does he actually have a disorder or is he just being an ass about the house? 

mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Does he by chance have ADD or ADHD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I agree. I have brought this up multiple times, i tell him if you would just pick up after yourself a little bit, it would save me a lot of time. he says he will, but he doesn't. It's super frustrating. And he tries to act like before we were together he was soo clean .. not true. he lived with his sister at one time and she told me how nasty his room was LOL

Quoting redneckmama2:

Tell him if he doesnt like it maybe he should make it a little easier on you and pick up after himself. It is not that damn difficult!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

you know, I'm not sure. Nothing diagnosed, I think he might have asshole syndrome. 

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Just leave it and ignore him. Tell him if he nags at you because a pillow fell off the bed that pillow will stay on the damn floor. 

Does he actually have a disorder or is he just being an ass about the house? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM

no he doesnt

Quoting mom2four1978:

Does he by chance have ADD or ADHD?

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I would ignore his freak outs. Treat him like a child throwing a temper tantrum.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)