Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

So I work for a small town Home Health Aide Agency. I have been there since the beginning of November. When I started working I told them how I hadn't seen my husband in quite some time and that if the oppurtunity ever came up, I would be taking the next flight out to see him, but it wouldn't be something I could give 2 wks notice for. They said that was fine.

Fast forward to today.. My husband called last night and said he booked me a flight for the 30th. I called work this morning to let them know and they are firing me and told me I need to find coverage for the rest of the week because they weren't doing it and were complete bitches. ( They are 2 slobs who sit in this crumby little office all day and basically do nothing and are not professional at all )

I tried calling all the available aides and none answered my calls. It makes me think they texted the girls and told them not to answer. ( They are all friends and text and party and all that together)

Do I continue to try to find my own coverage or do I just say the hell with it and let them do it? Also, they have to give me my last paychecks right?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM

if you are fired regardless then screw em and let them deal with it.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Yes, they have to give you your pay checks, you still worked and earned that money.

I would keep trying to find people to cover for you. If you can't though, sounds like you will lose your job, don't know what else to tell ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM
they fired you, its not your responsibility! Make them deal with it.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

If they fired you, then you are under absolutely no obligation to find someone to cover the rest of the week for you.   Yes they are required by law to pay you for the hours you already worked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Thats the thing they already fired me... Idc much as I was doing it to get out of the house. Dh works out of state and puts half of his pay in our checking account. So I dont really need the extra money, was just nice to have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, they have to give you your pay checks, you still worked and earned that money.

I would keep trying to find people to cover for you. If you can't though, sounds like you will lose your job, don't know what else to tell ya.

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

To hell with them and yes they do. You worked, you earned it, they have to give it to you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM

fuck em then!! they can worry about finding someone to replace you and they most definintely need to give you your last pay checks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats the thing they already fired me... Idc much as I was doing it to get out of the house. Dh works out of state and puts half of his pay in our checking account. So I dont really need the extra money, was just nice to have.

Quoting Anonymous:

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM
If they fired you then it's no longer your responsibility to find someone to cover those shifts. They had a verbal contract with you and gave you their word and said it was ok then fired you. I would pick up my last paycheck and call their Corporate office.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM

LOL I wish I had you ladies attitudes! I can't help but feel bad? But you guys are right! I guess I need to grow a backbone ( I dont like ppl mad at me, and just want to make everyone happy.. I know stupid! )

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:34 AM

If they fired you why would you try to find a replacement?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)