Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

turkey breast in the crockpot

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Can it work? And how long exactly would you cook it.
?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Idk. I tried it once and it didn't work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it can. It took me all day from frozen on high. I would say all day from defrosted on low. But there are a couple tricks you need to know. Ball up foil and put it in the bottom of the crockpot to keep the turkey breast from touching bottom. Put whatever seasonings you want on the turkey breast and then wrap it tightly in foil to keep the juices in.

I want to add that these foil trick work wonders with all kinds of cuts of meat inthe crock pot. They will come out so juicy and falling apart. Its best if you do it with frozen meat. Just wrap the cuts of meat individually for things like pork chop, chicken, breast, etc..

Also wrapping frozen corn on the cob individually and putting it in the crockpot like this will get you the sweetest juiciest corn on the cob ever.

mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I forgot to add that if any of the sides of the breast are touching the sides of the crockpot ball or twist up more foil and make a buffer between the breast and the sides. I have found that keeping the meat from touching the crock keeps it from having darker dryer spot where it was touching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN