Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mother is lucky

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
She has to pay the government $6. Yea you saw that right $6. She says she is gonna send $1 a month. That would piss me off if I had to pay them $6 I mean you couldn't have taken those $6 out when you was taking the money out of my check?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

If you owe money, you have to pay it, not really a difficult concept.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, if she only pays $1 month, it'll be more with late charges and interest.   Just so ya know.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM

LOL, Yeah I'd be happy if we only had to pay in six dollars. 0-0 She is lucky!

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM

First of all they have percentages for you to pick from. They don't know in advance you are going to owe 6 dollars. Just how it worked out in the end. Don't like it change your with-holdings. Also paying a dollar a month is childish and shows the kind of character she displays.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Over six dollars, she should be happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FunnyKids
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Yes because the government physically "takes" taxes out of your checks every week *eyeroll* why are so many people so uneducated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Why would anyone be mad about only owing $6? I would be elated if that's all I owed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM

She chose how much to withhold...we all do.  The government has no say in what is given to them during the year from your employer.  Your mom could have estimated her taxes, seen a $6 shortfall, and selected to withhold the same amount she did plus a static amount each month.   

I have investment income that I have to factor in, so I claim zero dependents, plus have an extra $400 withheld out of each paycheck to cover the shortfall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Ha I wish I were that lucky. Dh and I own a business and owe $18,000 in taxes. I know I know before I get bashed there is an option to pay as you go. We however need that money to catch up on bills and will just use his consulting bonus to pay down the taxes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN