Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you wake your SO up for work

Posted by   + Show Post
Everyday? If he whined and went back to sleep and you had to wake him up several times what would you do?

Saw this posted in another group and thought y'all would love to comment on it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (71-80):
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I deal with this all the time. If he doesn't get up within a few minutes, he knows I'm going to go back to sleep so his ass is on his own.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

no, i wouldn't do that.  if my dh sleeps in, he has to suffer the consequences.  he's a grown man, not my child!

ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
This is my thought exactly

Quoting Roxygurl:

Me? I'd say he's a grown man and can get himself up, it's not my job to babysit him and make him get up in time for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I'm a fairly "straight to the point" kind of person.  If a man can't even get up for work, he's not worthy of me.  I'm not in a relationship to be a mommy to a full grown man. 

Quoting Roxygurl:

Ok see I wasnt going to be as blunt but that's pretty much how I feel. :-)

My SO gets up at 5am for work and I don't have to get up till 7. No way in hell I'd wake him up on a regular basis, he's a grown man with kids and responsibilities and its not my job to hover over him making sure he does what he's supposed to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact of the matter is, I would NEVER marry a man in the first place if he was that big of an irresponsible dumbshit that he couldn't even get up for work.  

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Nope, he's a grown man. We have a dual alarm clock and he gets up when his goes off. Sometimes he hits the snooze button too many times and that's only annoying because I'm a very light sleepers even with ear plugs! So sometimes I'll be like are you getting up? But usually he gets up after one snooze.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

i simply  hit my dh once and hes up i know it sounds mean but his alarm goes off he wont turn it off so i hit him .it works for 20yrs

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I'd do it if he was oversleeping - but I wouldn't want to do it every day.  That's just ridiculous! 

justahousewife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Yes, initially with breakfast waiting. But going back to bed or refusing to get up? He'd deal with the consequences at work.
Cate1129
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I do wake my DH. However if I have to wake him twice I tell him if he goes back to sleep I'm not waking him up again. He usually gets his lazy butt out of bed then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN