Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is "boy and girl siblings" sharing a room "illegal"?

Posted by   + Show Post

Can anyone tell me, bc in the post about the woman's children who are sharing a room and they are boy and girl, i saw some women saying its illegal and "wrong".

They are siblings..whats the difference?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
PurplePieguy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

It's not. I had to share a room with my brother several times growing up. My dad was in the military and when we were put on the waiting lists for base housing we had to share rooms. 

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

WELLL.. legal or not I have no other choice than to have my DD & DS share the room until further notice in finances  They are 4yo & 10mths

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM

It's called privacy.  After kids are say 3 yrs old - They want to be independent and have his/her own room. IMO

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Lol not illegal and never will be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

It's not illegal but in some states will get you in trouble with CPS, despite actual laws some CPS offices do have regulations as to at what age opposite sex gender siblings may share a room, there's even one about how much square footage should be in each bedroom per child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

2 separate rooms if U can afford it.

Mommytotwins44
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
it is not illegal but according to social services and programs helping people with housing it is a no no.....i know from experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

My son and my stepdaughter share a room. She's only here on the weekends. All parties agree ( execpt meddling mother in law ) that it would be silly to 100 dollar more a month for a bedroom when she's only here 8 days a month. In August, when she starts kindergarten, the court order will reduce her to 4 days a month in our home. She would much rather have the gymnastics that we pay 80 a month for over her wn bedroom for on average 6 days a month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Me STFU?  Why?

I didn't say it was illegal.  I have all three of my kids (2 boys, 1 girl) sharing a loft room.  I was merely stating what the general OMGPANIC feeling seemed to be.

Sacrasm... you need some.

Quoting Miller0305:

STFU, it's not illegal.  Good lord people get a grip!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

BECAUSE OF TEH SEX!  It's pretty much forced incest in the minds of some here.

angevil53
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Lol!

Quoting mommyrustina:

It is illegal because apparently some people hallucinate and see laws to support their weird opinions.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN