Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is "boy and girl siblings" sharing a room "illegal"?

Posted by   + Show Post

Can anyone tell me, bc in the post about the woman's children who are sharing a room and they are boy and girl, i saw some women saying its illegal and "wrong".

They are siblings..whats the difference?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
Myhumblestart
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I shared with my boy cousin when he lived with as a foster child.We had bunk beds and a huge toy box in the bottom of our closet and I loved it!Gasp he was 4 yrs older but mentally he was right on my level.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
My oldest dd shared a room with her little brother whaen he was a baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

sorry, but 'much more easier'?

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

They're just too lazy to read. Making blanket statements is MUCH more easier!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I may be wrong but I think atleast in TX if you rent an apartment & have a DS & DD you have to have a 3bedroom apartment.. Just like if you have a kid you have to have a 2bedroom apartment...

A friend moved here, needed 1 bedroom for him for a few months-- but his GF & young DS would be joining him later on, they said he had to get 2 bedrooms. That by law the kid needed his own room. :-/

My mom grew up having to share a room with her younger brother sometimes. she didnt see it as a big deal. I personally hope my kids dont have to share.. I feel hormones are crazy & Ive heard of same-sex siblings exploring their sexuality  :( so just imagine what may happen if a b/g sibling shared a room ........... Kids need their space to get to know theirself...

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM

its not

LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

lol why would it be illegal? Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Of course if the family has enough room to give each child their own rooms that perfect but what does a family do who doesn't have enough money to buy a big enough house?

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I can see an issue possibly arising with someone getting molested however a wall and door isn't going to stop that if it's going to happen. It wouldn't even encourage it if they were in the same room or not. I know a few close friends that were molested by their siblings and they each had their own rooms.
mlg1989
Today at 12:43 AM
by ZombieMegg on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Its not illegal? Lol many countries the whole family shares a room and even bed! So that accusation is just ridiculous.
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

So adults never share bedrooms, no one is ever in a dorm room, and no one ever lives in barracks.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called privacy.  After kids are say 3 yrs old - They want to be independent and have his/her own room. IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM

It's not illegal but CPS looks down on it and can make you separate them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured