Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone here had Lasik?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 96 Replies

It's almost time for me to get new contacts, and my DH just said that if I wait for summer, I can get Lasik.  Have any of you had Lasik done?  Will I love it?  Hate it?  

I really want to have it done.....I honestly can't remember what it's like to open my eyes in the morning and see everything clearly.  I've had glasses and/or contacts since 4th grade.   

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I love it. I had it done about a year ago. I was done around noon, went home and took a4 hour nap, then drove to get myself some food. I went from 20/400 to 20/15
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband had it done in 2005. He had been wearing glasses since he was 5. Best thing he ever did.
WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG i know how you feel.  I have had glasses since 5th grade, and i got contacts in college.  I have been having infections constantly for the past year.  They changed my contacts brand 3X, and i still get them.  I am so tired of this crap!!  My sister had the lasik  last year, she loves it.  She can wake up and see.  

Are you considering it?   I am .  They have a place i called, and they do free consultations.

Quoting JayeC2:

It's almost time for me to get new contacts, and my DH just said that if I wait for summer, I can get Lasik.  Have any of you had Lasik done?  Will I love it?  Hate it?  

I really want to have it done.....I honestly can't remember what it's like to open my eyes in the morning and see everything clearly.  I've had glasses and/or contacts since 4th grade.   

WifeyandMom71
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Quoting First_One_8_18:

I love it. I had it done about a year ago. I was done around noon, went home and took a4 hour nap, then drove to get myself some food. I went from 20/400 to 20/15

Oh wonderful!  What state are you in?  I am looking into a few places.  Were you awake during the procedure???

aprilz1225
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM

my stigmatism is so bad they don't know if i can have it... id had bifocals in thrid grade... i am so tired of this crap too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Are there any side affect? Was it hurt? Were you scared

Quoting First_One_8_18:

leavinglasvegas
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I had it done 7 years ago, cost me $1800 per eye. Best money I ever spent. The more time goes by, the more I'm glad I did it. The actual surgery only lasts a few seconds per eye. I had it done in the morning, afterwards my vision was blurry (of course), but cleared up that night and almost perfect the next morning.

If you get the chance, do it. Don't go to the cheapest place, you don't want to mess with your eyes. They should include the consult, the surgery and your follow-up visit in the price. Make sure to use the eyedrops they give you afterwards in good faith and you'll be ditching those contacts in no time!

Mcelly
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
i love it. i has it done in 2007. My vision is perfect.
SwtSnowflake2
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Do you have to use the drops the rest if your life or just for recovery?

Quoting leavinglasvegas:

I had it done 7 years ago, cost me $1800 per eye. Best money I ever spent. The more time goes by, the more I'm glad I did it. The actual surgery only lasts a few seconds per eye. I had it done in the morning, afterwards my vision was blurry (of course), but cleared up that night and almost perfect the next morning.

If you get the chance, do it. Don't go to the cheapest place, you don't want to mess with your eyes. They should include the consult, the surgery and your follow-up visit in the price. Make sure to use the eyedrops they give you afterwards in good faith and you'll be ditching those contacts in no time!

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I want to get it done. My vision isn't bad but it isn't great either. I don't wear my glasses i feel like i look stupid. I have needed them since 3rd grade. I would be afraid. Is there a chance theycould mess up and make you go blind?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)