Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents should NOT support this! What is wrong with people?! *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm going to get ripped to shreds but oh well here it goes! I do not like the fact that parents of young children support their kids when they come to them and say that they're "gay" or "transgendered". How can a kid that's like 10 even make that decision?! Parents need to be parents and at least try to push them in the right direction. Way too many parents supporting whatever the hell pops into their kid's heads!

Thanks to everyone who replied and the ones that agreed with me! :) As a parent I will ALWAYS guide my kids to do what is morally right growing up. If they grow up and turn out to be gay or whatever I will still love them!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (461-470):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM

You do not understand so keep your thoughts to yourself. I guess they are bad parents for caring for their child and how they feel. Kind of makes me feel sorry for your child. With that attitude your child may hide who they truly are inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

The right direction? You dont know how this child feels. I knew I liked girls at 7. There is no right direction

You "knew" you liked girls at 7, yet you're married to a man. Did they support you being a lesbian and then you changed your mind as people generally do when they learn who they are?

OP, supporting children is our job, helping them figure out who they are is our job. Pointing them in the right direction is our job, which means supporting them and showing them unconditional love, even if they come to you at 10 and say they're transgendered....

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Well I love my children so ill support them no matter what. At a young age I probably won't take it too seriously but I won't let them know that and if they still feel that way when they get older then great. I hope they find someone to make them happy
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Kids who are ten don't make that decision. They were born that way. I wouldn't be bothered if my daughter told me she liked girls since I like them, too. There's no reason to be intolerant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM
You said the right direction so no comment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockin2_manyMOM
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
It is NOT a "decision"
You are part of a huge problem. I hope all of your children are completely average and straight. It breaks my heart to think of the transgendered/gay children with parents like you.
megshepherd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM

supporting your child, and agreeing with what they're doing are different things. I love my children unconditionally... I agree with the point that I think you are trying to make though.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

The "right" direction? Are you fucking kidding me?? Are you one of those morons who believes that it turns a boy gay if he plays with dolls or tea sets or wears pink??

You are an idiot. You do realize that it is NOT A CHOICE?? To "push them in the right direction" would be harmful to them. Tells them that you DO NOT love them unconditionally. 

Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I wl accept my children no matter which way they decide to go :) its their life, they know their own feelings better than anyone else
gamermom81
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Because even a child knows who they fantasize getting married to in l pretend play and what gender they identify with. ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN