Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents should NOT support this! What is wrong with people?! *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm going to get ripped to shreds but oh well here it goes! I do not like the fact that parents of young children support their kids when they come to them and say that they're "gay" or "transgendered". How can a kid that's like 10 even make that decision?! Parents need to be parents and at least try to push them in the right direction. Way too many parents supporting whatever the hell pops into their kid's heads!

Thanks to everyone who replied and the ones that agreed with me! :) As a parent I will ALWAYS guide my kids to do what is morally right growing up. If they grow up and turn out to be gay or whatever I will still love them!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (471-480):
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Please. You deal with your child and I will deal wwith mine. I don't give a fuck what gender they like, they ain't dating nobody until they're atleast 16. Period!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UpsideDown
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I will support my child no matter what. If they ARE gay they won't grow up ashamed of it or thinking I don't accept them. If they aren't really gay when they grow up, then they will know they can come to me with anything and I will always be there for them.

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Who are you to tell a child their feelings aren't real b/c of their age? I thought parents were suppose to be supportive. You should be able to talk to your kids about any and everything. You should want them to come to you and do the same. I may not always agree with everything dd does and says, but I will always give my honest opinion to her. Ultimately the choice is always hers. It is her life. I can not live it for her, but I can and will support her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Parents should love and support their Kid and shouldn't be judgmental, incompetent, assholes and try to force their kids to be something they don't want to be and can't be.
tpickle
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Unconditional love is the rule for good parenting... don't you think?teen girl

27yomomof4
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
This! For real who are you to tell anyone else that they are wrong for supporting their child! I have a friend that knew he was gay early in his life but said nothing to his parents because he was afraid of this sort of stupidity! And he was right to do so! When he came out of the closet his father disowned him and a few years later his father unexpectedly passed away. He didn't even get to say goodbye! The closemindedness of people!!

Quoting shannonw79:

Yeah I know right!!! Parents loving and supporting their kids for who they are, what is this world coming to!?!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsMimna
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Really ??? 

Why do people post things like this.....knowing its just starting an issue, then post Anonymous ???

What are you afraid of ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I agree for the most part.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Who are you to say what the "right" direction is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I will support my kids no matter what their sexuality may be! Why is your way the "right direction"?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured