Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents should NOT support this! What is wrong with people?! *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm going to get ripped to shreds but oh well here it goes! I do not like the fact that parents of young children support their kids when they come to them and say that they're "gay" or "transgendered". How can a kid that's like 10 even make that decision?! Parents need to be parents and at least try to push them in the right direction. Way too many parents supporting whatever the hell pops into their kid's heads!

Thanks to everyone who replied and the ones that agreed with me! :) As a parent I will ALWAYS guide my kids to do what is morally right growing up. If they grow up and turn out to be gay or whatever I will still love them!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (481-490):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 91 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
U have a right to ur opinion... My opinion is that people like you should be dragged through the street and stoned.. But thus just MY opinion.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I'd support my kids at any age for just a bout anything . ..unless it was to become a patriots fan. there are just some lines that canNOT be crossed.

Christine9576
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I agree...a mother should be the guiding light for the child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

NAILED IT

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

The right direction? You dont know how this child feels. I knew I liked girls at 7. There is no right direction

MEENASTRID
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Blah blah blah. Kid tells you 'I'm Gay'.
You're outta luck with no gaydar. Around 2, you can speculate.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Ugh...

babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I dont think a kid thats 10 will know the words gay or transgender, but a 10yo can figure out or will know if they are different or if they feel different. I dont see how that is a bad thing, or how you wouldnt want to support your child? My daughter wants boy toys, boy shoes, boy everything, I would never say no, you need to buy girl stuff or princess stuff. If she comes out of the closet, I would embrace her with open arms no matter what age she decides she wants to

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I will support my daughter in whatever she chooses. I refuse to force my child to think a certain way. She has a mind of her own and I'm going to let her use it. 

justahousewife
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Right handed, left handed or ambidextrous. It's is what it is. Teachers use to influence kids to always use their right hand until it became increasingly more obvious that some people are left handed. Now you inform kids to figure out which works better. For those who are left handed aren't made to feel like outsiders or weird because they are perceivably different. Those who figure out they're ambidextrous just get the best of both sides.

It's not about influencing, its about informing and accepting that there is a difference and that difference isn't wrong.
LuLuThatsWho
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Continue to love them with all my heart? Yes.

Run out and buy them a new wardrobe for their new identity and call them by a new name? No.

Set up a consultation with a child psychologist? Probably so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN