Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents should NOT support this! What is wrong with people?! *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know I'm going to get ripped to shreds but oh well here it goes! I do not like the fact that parents of young children support their kids when they come to them and say that they're "gay" or "transgendered". How can a kid that's like 10 even make that decision?! Parents need to be parents and at least try to push them in the right direction. Way too many parents supporting whatever the hell pops into their kid's heads!

Thanks to everyone who replied and the ones that agreed with me! :) As a parent I will ALWAYS guide my kids to do what is morally right growing up. If they grow up and turn out to be gay or whatever I will still love them!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (511-518):
.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I hope your child never tells you they're gay! Poor kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm not going to force my child to choose his sexuality, but if he comes out to me and tells me that he feels more comfortable wearing girly things or is more attracted to males than females, i'm not going to say "NO I DON'T ACCEPT THAT." I'll hug him and ask if he's sure and ask him what all he knows. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 2 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
lostosbourne
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Because its not something they choose, its something theyre born with. People do not "choose" to be gay, theyre born that way. Whether or not people want to accept that is their business but the fact remains that if your child is telling you they are gay or want to trans gender I say support them. Theyre your children and they deserve to be supported. If they came to you and told you they want to be a doctor you would support them so why not support them when they know how they feel?? People who are gay know at a very young age that they are. And wouldnt you want your child to know that you are behind them and not against them??? 

wedding tickers

Audi aka LostOsbourne

Raveyk
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

"The right direction"? so anyone who is gay or transgendered is in the wrong direction? Wow. Ugh, mind your own business. If they truely are then they know it and will know from a very young age. It is physically a part of their genetic make up. They can feel it and know it. Some people don't respond to that withing them until later in lafe but it does not mean that young children are not capabke of feeling and knowing that within themselves. People are so judgemental

elliotmommytobe
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Oh to clear up any confusion. I still like girls. Yes im married to a man. Yes he doesnt mind that I find women sexual attractive. No I dont have to sleep with a woman too in order to be sexual satisfied

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

The right direction? You dont know how this child feels. I knew I liked girls at 7. There is no right direction

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladybugrooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

The right direction is the direction that is right for them.

MotherOfPurpose
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

What's the right direction? Not to be too cheeky here,but I think 10 is way to earlier to think of ones self as a sexually being period .....gay or straight! If my child came to me that young with that I would explain not to be in a rush to put ones self out there as a sexual being and the responsibility involved and when they are old enough if they still feel the same way, be responsible and true to who they are.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You state you will still love them but you obviously will not support them and that will most likely lead to depression and suicidal ideation. So...bad parenting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)