Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you're broke because you buy nike and new balance

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 165 Replies
I stopped in payless to pick up a new pair of boots for my ds. He outgrew the pair I got last month. So they were having a clearance sale plus bogo. I called a friend to see if she wanted me to pick up some shoes for her ds and she went on a tirade about how she doesn't shop at payless and their shoes are cheap. Her son only wear nike and new balance. Our kids are only a few months apart. I went to footlocker to buy him a pair of sneakers, they were 40 dollars for one pair. He's a toddler! He'll wear them maybe three weeks and grow out of them. Today I got ds four pair of shoes for under 20 dollars.

Smh. I don't get it. She acted like I was abusing him by buying him payless shoes. I could see if he were older and got more wear out of the sneakers. But seriously? I can see why she's poor, she spends all her money on expensive sneakers for a toddler.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Oh. My kids last in their shoes like 6 months before they outgrow them. I won't buy those dang shoes though.

beerabitch69
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM
15 moms liked this

I hate payless shoes.

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM
8 moms liked this
I buy whatever I want for my kids and couldn't care less what people think about it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweets32285
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy their shoes from Payless. They go through them so fast. I buy the others for me because I can wear them for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I did the same when my kids were younger. Now that they are older, I buy Nike or sketchers because they last longer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My toddler takes forever to outgrow his shoes, perhaps your friends dd does too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jujubear1
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  Nothing wrong with Payless shoes. I have some for myself.  DD is starting to get old enough to be a shoe snob, but she also wears hers for a long time lately.  Her feet have amazingly stayed the same size for a little over a year now. (Her sneakers are sketchers, so not too pricey)

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

For a little kid growing out of them fast...no

Myself and the older kids yes...it saves money in the long run not buying pair after pair because they wore out in a month or so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

New Balance were the only shoes that would fit my toddler's wide foot, they still are a good shoe choice for him, but my mother and mother in law work in shoes, so I often get them for free.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't buy pay less. yes we would go with out money for a few weeks to get my kids better shoes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN