Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NOW I understand why everyone f***ng hates walmart **language** EDIT

My mom worked for them for close to 15 years, had a management position for fucks sake. She was supposed to be off work today, they called her in fired her. For what? Theft of course. Well, that's what they are saying anyway, but I know that's complete and utter bull shit. 

They have been firiing long term employees left and right who are making a high pay - higher than their supervisors and cutting them for made up reasons. One lady, was on leave of absense, came back and needed a new area of work PER HER DOCTORS ORDERS and they fired HER because they wouldn't find her a new position.

There was a woman, who at one point was my moms boss. She got diagnosed with cancer, lost a leg SHE needed a new area to work and they fired her too. How fucking low is that? And they wouldn't even let her keep her discount card she worked there for probably 15 years she had CANCER she couldn't help the circumstances. 

I am so PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. And heart broken for my mom :'(

Edit: Okay, she managed the bakery, they went up there and found advil and TUMS with no receipt. That was their grounds for firing her. Yes, it was against their policy whatever. But, to me anyway, a bottle of advil is not enough to fire someone over, someone we ho pulled thwir department up from literally the nothing it was and kept it up and made more than any other department in the store. She did nothing but help those people management was always commenting about how good the department was doing and how good it looked. How great of a team my mom had ETC ETC ETC!!!

I stand by my statement of wal mart looking for ANY reason to fire high played employees no matter how big or small the " reason for termination" might be.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Quoting purpleducky:

Does she happen to live in NM? I know they have a few class-action lawsuits going against Wal-Mart. I feel your pain though, they fired my wife and her grandmother too for "stealing".

No, we're in Idaho ha.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

yeap walmart sucks !i worked there for 3 years.the manager over grocery asked me to hold up a pallet of water so they could move it .everytime they tried to pull it the water would slide off the other side .they thought by putting me back there to hole up the water it wouldnt fall off .boy were they wrong.the entire pallet of cases of water fell on me .the refused to take me the hospital and said i would have to go on my own time.they wouldnt let leave early either.I got off the next morning and went home and my arm was bruised really bad and my back was hurting so bad i couldnt hardly move.my husband took me to the hospital and my arm was broke right below the elbow and i had sprained my back.the doctor gave me 3 day work release and when i went back to work i was fired for not following company policy about operating a pallet jack without a license.I never touched the pallet jack all i did was what i was told to do.Walmart sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope they sue those bastards 

MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont they also take out life insurance policies on their employees and cash in when they die??  Walmart is a shitty corporation.

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Walmart is constantly getting sued for wrongful termination. I remember a while back, like 5 or 6 years ago, someone got terminated for mentioning the word "union". He sued and got a very good amount. I've also heard of them getting sued for firing people because they were due to receive benefits. Walmart has been known for some shady things.

Yeah, my sons dad started part time. They were giving him full tim e hours really soon but kept his info as part time so he wouldn't receive benefits.
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I lived in Bentonville for a time. Nothing in OP shocks me. Walmart 2013are 100% bottom line driven.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
So if you bring advil from home it has to have a receipt attached? Ok. If I worked there I would buy all my shit at walgreens and attach those receipt to it and watch the shit fly.
Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

yeap walmart sucks !i worked there for 3 years.the manager over grocery asked me to hold up a pallet of water so they could move it .everytime they tried to pull it the water would slide off the other side .they thought by putting me back there to hole up the water it wouldnt fall off .boy were they wrong.the entire pallet of cases of water fell on me .the refused to take me the hospital and said i would have to go on my own time.they wouldnt let leave early either.I got off the next morning and went home and my arm was bruised really bad and my back was hurting so bad i couldnt hardly move.my husband took me to the hospital and my arm was broke right below the elbow and i had sprained my back.the doctor gave me 3 day work release and when i went back to work i was fired for not following company policy about operating a pallet jack without a license.I never touched the pallet jack all i did was what i was told to do.Walmart sucks

That's ridiculous! I'm so sorry for that :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
That all sounds odd. My dh is a co manager and that would never happen in his store. It wouldn't even be possible. But that sucks for your mom :(
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Same shit happened to my mom except they didnt accuse her of theft, they just fired her for needing time off for emergency surgery. She worked there for 10 years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)