Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are You a Strict Parent?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

??? do you think you are?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Yes. I have high expectations for my DS and I expect that he will follow them. We still have lots of fun, but he minds his manners, saves the rambunctious behavior for the appropriate time, and knows better than to disrespect his parents. He's 3. We're still learning, but he's generally very well-behaved.

aikimomof3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

My husband is more strict than I am, but yes, I think we would be considered "strict" parents.

The kids have rules, and if the rules are broken, there are consequences. Period. My MIL got mad at my DH because he put one of our kids in time-out while we were on vacation, and they got in an argument about it. It doesn't matter if we are on vacation or not. If our kids act up, they are going to be punished.

MommyCirca2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM
This

Quoting Matriarch87:

Sorta, where it matters but not for everything.  Im a laid back strict parent.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yes ma'am and the kids love it!

I can be the coolest mom around but I have a very strict outline of how they should behave, as in manners etc.

With four it can get crazy but I had the principal introduce himself at the game last week to brag about our kids- grades, behavior. I told him he had one more comin' next school year and he said bring him on!

Jers.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I'm strict about certain things and relaxed about others.

"You want to dye your hair blue? That's fine just remember to say please and thank you and don't forget to tip the hairdresser" 

meangreen18
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

not really

mommybug77
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Quoting lnrmom:

My kids think I'm a lot stricter than I actually am.

here too difference is we don't let them run the streets like a lot of their classmates and such.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM
..I expect my kids to behave and do as they are told. Guess that would make me strict.
kidlover2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Matriarch87:

Sorta, where it matters but not for everything.  Im a laid back strict parent.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)