Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are You a Strict Parent?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

??? do you think you are?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
nurbabe82
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quoting Ecomaiden:

Yes. Our household has clearly outlined rules and clearly outlined consequences for those rules. Kids don't hit, back talk, throw toys, run, jump (inside) or act in a disrespectful way. They are expected to stay out of things they should not get into and must use their manners - not just at the table. Using the words "Please", "Thank you" and "May I" is expected of them and they have to use their silverware correctly and chew with their mouths closed. They don't get what they want all of the time, but they get what they need.

What do we have as a result? Well-disciplined 3 and 4 year old boys who we are proud to take into public. We encourage creativity and free thinking, and there are certain rules in our house that are non-negotiable. So far, being strict is working for us.

This is the way it is at our house too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yes.

kzuehlk
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
My mom says we are strict parents. We kind of have to be though. My SS is 8 and has some serious behavior issues stemming from years of neglect/abuse from his mother and her boyfriends. He doesn't get away with a whole lot at our house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Not really, but my kids have rules and boundaries. They do not run the show. I do. I will not have bratty children that don't know right from wrong.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I'm strict with bedtime, schoolwork, hygiene & I do like for dd to eat good. I don't think I'm a boot camp mom though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Nope. as long as my kids aren't hurting themselves or others (physically or emotionally), I pretty much let them do what they want. they have rules and they follow them just fine. I can't remember the last time I had to give spankings. I advise them but let them make their own decisions and then they deal with the consequences of those decisions, whatever they may be. they're 8 and 6.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I am a very strict helicoptor/over-protective mother/grandmother

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I am. I can not complain about it bc I have a fantastic kid. 

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Nope. Not strict but we have certain expectations and make sure our children understand them and follow them. School work and basic daily chores are the two biggest things. Hair, styles of clothing, etc are minuscule in our home compared to test scores, homework, doing dishes, laundry, and taking out the trash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)