Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mind your OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

I went to the store today to buy bread and meat to feed my family. I have a full time job and DH is desperately searching for one. We get $350 a month in FS. I am responsible with them and ONLY buy meat, cheese, breads, milk and produce.

So today I went to the store. I got some hamburger meat, hamburger buns, milk and a few other items. Tomorrow at my 7 year old DS's school is a class party and he begged me to buy him a treat to bring. Being responsible, I paid for my items with my FS and then separately bought the $3 tray of cookies with cash. The man behind me sighed heavily. I turned and looked at him. He then very rudely and loudly says. "If you have cash why do you bother using FS? People like you are what's wrong with this world." I nicely explained I have a job, but don't quite make enough to support our family and need the FS to feed my kids, however I do not believe in using FS to buy junk food, so I used the last $5 in my pocket. He just rolled his eyes and said I was trashy. I went home in tears. Who the Hell is he to judge me? He doesn't know me or my situation, why couldn't he have just minded his own damn business.

What would you have done? If you were behind me would you have commented?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this
No I wouldn't have. Sounds like you are responsible with your money.
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Aww. I'm sorry he made you sad. You were right he was wrong. Please don't be sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Thank you, it makes me feel better.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I wouldn't have. Sounds like you are responsible with your money.

bbecker001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Fuck him. You don't owe anyone an explanation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM
4 moms liked this

i would have bought the damn cookies with my fs. who gives a crap. And to that rude cashier-eff him. Maybe its just me. I have a very "i could give 2 shits about what you think of me" attitude. I have 2 people to impress in this world. My dh, that i am a good wife and my ds that i am a good mother. As long as they are happy every one else can piss off!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM

DH and my DS cheered me up when I got home.

Quoting Matriarch87:

Aww. I'm sorry he made you sad. You were right he was wrong. Please don't be sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no patience with people that rude. I'd have asked the cashier to please call a manager to complain to them about him. Yes, the manager wouldn't be able to do much more than warn him verbally not to harass other customers. But it takes...a...very...long...time...for...the...manager..to...respond...to...that...blinking...light...the...cashier...

presses...to...call...him...or...her.

:)

michellej428
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Not at all. Don't let that douche get to you. He doesn't know you or your situation, he's just a miserable asshole. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I wouldn't have said a word.  I don't pay attention to how people pay for their groceries.  I'm too busy talking to my kids or putting my stuff up to care. Not my money not my business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It was the guy behind me, not the cashier. But LOL at piss off.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

i would have bought the damn cookies with my fs. who gives a crap. And to that rude cashier-eff him. Maybe its just me. I have a very "i could give 2 shits about what you think of me" attitude. I have 2 people to impress in this world. My dh, that i am a good wife and my ds that i am a good mother. As long as they are happy every one else can piss off!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)