Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mind your OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went to the store today to buy bread and meat to feed my family. I have a full time job and DH is desperately searching for one. We get $350 a month in FS. I am responsible with them and ONLY buy meat, cheese, breads, milk and produce.

So today I went to the store. I got some hamburger meat, hamburger buns, milk and a few other items. Tomorrow at my 7 year old DS's school is a class party and he begged me to buy him a treat to bring. Being responsible, I paid for my items with my FS and then separately bought the $3 tray of cookies with cash. The man behind me sighed heavily. I turned and looked at him. He then very rudely and loudly says. "If you have cash why do you bother using FS? People like you are what's wrong with this world." I nicely explained I have a job, but don't quite make enough to support our family and need the FS to feed my kids, however I do not believe in using FS to buy junk food, so I used the last $5 in my pocket. He just rolled his eyes and said I was trashy. I went home in tears. Who the Hell is he to judge me? He doesn't know me or my situation, why couldn't he have just minded his own damn business.

What would you have done? If you were behind me would you have commented?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (101-105):
t_creanskisa
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

i wouldn't have commented  but my DH would have.. lol he would have paid for your cookies. that way you would have the money for some thing else you might have needed. he likes to encourage people to think like him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM

He's an Asshat!

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I would have a few choice words for that asshat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM
It wasn't an employee, but a customer. So again, nothing can be done.
Quoting cdjd23:

Companies have policies in place for certain decorum to be adhered to by employees, if that guy has enough complaints he could lose his job. Why do people think that freedom of speech means you can say anything without repercussions, not really how it works, its just a phrase thrown around a lot by people ignorant to another's situation or point of view.

Quoting Anonymous:

Freedom of speech, manager can't do shit

Quoting cdjd23:

That's bullshit, it's not  his position to judge you. I would have gone in search of a manager cause there is no excuse to make those comments to someone especially when you aren't in their situation. I agree that a lot of people misuse fs but regardless his job is to ring up the groceries not talk down to people coming through his line.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Hmm. No, I wouldn't have commented. I see people use multiple forms of payment all the time, but I never really see what kind.

I think it's weird that someone would confront you over it, really weird. Plus, you weren't buying the cookies with the food stamps card so he can just buzz off. That's so stupid of him. I'm sorry he made you cry. =/

Though, not really related to YOU, but to foodstamps... when I was a cashier I did notice that people who used EBT (which was the food stamps card in MT, I don't know if it's different in different places) were always really, really mean. Like really mean. It was awful. Not all of them but the majority.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN