Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mind your OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went to the store today to buy bread and meat to feed my family. I have a full time job and DH is desperately searching for one. We get $350 a month in FS. I am responsible with them and ONLY buy meat, cheese, breads, milk and produce.

So today I went to the store. I got some hamburger meat, hamburger buns, milk and a few other items. Tomorrow at my 7 year old DS's school is a class party and he begged me to buy him a treat to bring. Being responsible, I paid for my items with my FS and then separately bought the $3 tray of cookies with cash. The man behind me sighed heavily. I turned and looked at him. He then very rudely and loudly says. "If you have cash why do you bother using FS? People like you are what's wrong with this world." I nicely explained I have a job, but don't quite make enough to support our family and need the FS to feed my kids, however I do not believe in using FS to buy junk food, so I used the last $5 in my pocket. He just rolled his eyes and said I was trashy. I went home in tears. Who the Hell is he to judge me? He doesn't know me or my situation, why couldn't he have just minded his own damn business.

What would you have done? If you were behind me would you have commented?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
mspecan_tan
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I personally would have paid for all of it with FS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

i would have clocked him

achorney
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I would have told him to phuk off. 

If he wants to buy my groceries, he still has no say in how i live my life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I wish more people thought like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have said a word.  I don't pay attention to how people pay for their groceries.  I'm too busy talking to my kids or putting my stuff up to care. Not my money not my business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I would have grabbed a candy bar and a pop and paid for it with my fs just to piss him off lol. Ignore people like that, they aren't worth your tears :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Troll.

I'm so tired of these bs fs stories!

I've been on them for years never has this happened to me or anyone I know IRL!

Bullshit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

No I wouldn't have commented. I would have assumed you just didn't have any more fs and now had to use w/e cash you had. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I wouldn't have cared if you had went ahead and bought the cookies with your FS, the man had no business commenting on your purchases, if someone ever does something like that to me, I am just going to turn around and say "WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?"

jyofray
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I would have went off on him. You handled that situation very well... kudos mom

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I have no problem with people that get help from the system, it's there to help ppl that are actually trying but like you said just can't fully make it right now. As for the little ass hats comment he made I would not have been as nice as you were, I prob would have took the hamburger I was buying and smacked him in the face with it. Fuck him, keep doing what you gotta do girl don;t let assholes judge you and make you feel so shitty, they're just upset with their own miserable existence, more than likely a load their mother should have swallowed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)