Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mind your OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went to the store today to buy bread and meat to feed my family. I have a full time job and DH is desperately searching for one. We get $350 a month in FS. I am responsible with them and ONLY buy meat, cheese, breads, milk and produce.

So today I went to the store. I got some hamburger meat, hamburger buns, milk and a few other items. Tomorrow at my 7 year old DS's school is a class party and he begged me to buy him a treat to bring. Being responsible, I paid for my items with my FS and then separately bought the $3 tray of cookies with cash. The man behind me sighed heavily. I turned and looked at him. He then very rudely and loudly says. "If you have cash why do you bother using FS? People like you are what's wrong with this world." I nicely explained I have a job, but don't quite make enough to support our family and need the FS to feed my kids, however I do not believe in using FS to buy junk food, so I used the last $5 in my pocket. He just rolled his eyes and said I was trashy. I went home in tears. Who the Hell is he to judge me? He doesn't know me or my situation, why couldn't he have just minded his own damn business.

What would you have done? If you were behind me would you have commented?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
LadyF86
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I bet his wife is one of the rude bitchy moms on CM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM

You do NOT owe anyone an explanation.  I would have looked at him and smiled and went along my merry way.  I also would have spoken up for you if i heard some asshole say that.. What a dick.. 

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM

My parents have to choose between paying the rent in full, paying for my father's heart and thyroid medication, or buying food.  $80 a month is not enough money in FS to pay for their foods, not when my mom is a diabetic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM

You're dumb. It happened to me today. I had no idea if things didn't happen to you personally then they weren't plausible. Forgive me for not understanding you were the center of the universe, and that if you personally didn't see it couldn't have possibly happened. What a jackass...

Quoting Anonymous:

Troll.
I'm so tired of these bs fs stories!
I've been in them for years never has this happened to me or anyone I know IRL!
Bullshit.

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I would have cursed his ass out big time. Do not let someone's ignorance hurt your feelings.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Why would u even explain yourself? I wouldve told him to kindly fuck off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I wouldn't have explained myself to him.

Who cares what he thinks?

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
It sounds to me like you are the perfect canidate for a little bit of assistance. You are working, being responsible, and your husband is actively seeking employment. Just keep working in the direction you are going. It will get better. Someday when you come accross someone going thru something simalar offer them kindness. :) Sorry that guy was a jerk!
FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I wouldn't even bother to respond to such a dumbass comment as he made to you.I would have totally ignored him.Or,at least flat out said to him,"None of your business!"

I never pay attention to what other people buy,or what they use to buy it with.It's just one of those things that doesn't concern me and I really don't care about.I'm more focused on paying for my own stuff and getting the heck out of there! I hate grocery shopping!

LittlePistol87
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Ingnore him, he's just a bitter old bat who was probably in a hurry. Hugs!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured