Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mind your OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went to the store today to buy bread and meat to feed my family. I have a full time job and DH is desperately searching for one. We get $350 a month in FS. I am responsible with them and ONLY buy meat, cheese, breads, milk and produce.

So today I went to the store. I got some hamburger meat, hamburger buns, milk and a few other items. Tomorrow at my 7 year old DS's school is a class party and he begged me to buy him a treat to bring. Being responsible, I paid for my items with my FS and then separately bought the $3 tray of cookies with cash. The man behind me sighed heavily. I turned and looked at him. He then very rudely and loudly says. "If you have cash why do you bother using FS? People like you are what's wrong with this world." I nicely explained I have a job, but don't quite make enough to support our family and need the FS to feed my kids, however I do not believe in using FS to buy junk food, so I used the last $5 in my pocket. He just rolled his eyes and said I was trashy. I went home in tears. Who the Hell is he to judge me? He doesn't know me or my situation, why couldn't he have just minded his own damn business.

What would you have done? If you were behind me would you have commented?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
ivy801
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

If I was behind you I wouldn't have said anything cause I do the same, buy actual food with food stamps and junk food with money, it helps cut back on junk food when you have to pay for it, if I had been behind the man and over heard what he said I would have told him to mind his own business and stop sassing you. Don't let people like that get to you, don't even stop to explain yourself who cares what they think or have to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I busted out laughing when I read "smacked him in the face" with the hamburger! HILARIOUS!

Quoting kysmama08:

I have no problem with people that get help from the system, it's there to help ppl that are actually trying but like you said just can't fully make it right now. As for the little ass hats comment he made I would not have been as nice as you were, I prob would have took the hamburger I was buying and smacked him in the face with it. Fuck him, keep doing what you gotta do girl don;t let assholes judge you and make you feel so shitty, they're just upset with their own miserable existence, more than likely a load their mother should have swallowed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
The fuck? O.o

Where the hell do you people live that people IRL have the balls to say dumb shit like the hags who hide behind anon here on CM!!??

I swear, I've NEVER in my life seen anyone act the way that 90% of these posts claim. Seriously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I would have started moving as slow as possible, not explain myself, and just make his ass wait even longer. Why? Because fuck him, that's why.

Sorry people are so shitty and apparently never learned to shut their friggin pie holes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I would've said, "We'll since your so damn close and can see what I'm using to buy my damn food with how about I also buy you some damn Tic Tacs with my FS because your breath smells like your attitude, like some Shit!" Oh yeah honey if I was there in line I would've embarrassed him for you! I'm sorry he was an asshole.
aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Troll.

I'm so tired of these bs fs stories!

I've been on them for years never has this happened to me or anyone I know IRL!

Bullshit.

I think there a lot of them on here, that aren't true,  but I was confined to bed for a portion of my 1st pregnancy, and gained a lot of weight.  I was out with my DS and using my WIC and buying my regular groceries as well (no fs), and the woman in front of me who looked to be in her late 70's  commented that I didn't look like like I was starving none.  So when someone makes up a story, that I'm not sure is true, I look at it as a hypothetical situation.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Sounds like he needs to get laid.

What a cock in the ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandella79
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Personally I wouldn't have dignified his comments with a response but if I did it would be this: "well you know my stripper gig/prostitution ring isn't as profitable of late, gotta make ends meet somehow!" Smile and offer him my business card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM

That's absurd, I'm sorry - don't let him make you feel bad. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Ignore him and let it go. People like that aren't worth getting upset over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)