Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you complain about smokers because of asthma issues and...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
3 moms liked this
You use perfume than you are a bloody hypocrite. Many people (adults and children) have asthma attacks because of perfumes, not to count that some people bathe in it and its choking and unpleasent. And its full of chemicals that people can.inhale.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha. I commented on the other post how people bathe in their perfume and it irritates my sinuses.

I don't have asthma, but it does suck to be choking on a strangers perfume and they are on the other side of the room. 

Now, with all of that said, before I get jumped, I am a polite smoker and respectful. 

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok. Good thing I already knew that...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I dont even smoke lol.. but I work in an E.R and i see more cases induce by perfume than second or third hand smoke and so many of the moms i see complaining about smokers are drenched in perfume where I can hardly breathe and i dont have asthma lol

Quoting armywife009:

Haha. I commented on the other post how people bathe in their perfume and it irritates my sinuses.

I don't have asthma, but it does suck to be choking on a strangers perfume and they are on the other side of the room. 

Now, with all of that said, before I get jumped, I am a polite smoker and respectful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Im glad you do! many dont

Quoting Ultra_:

Ok. Good thing I already knew that...

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Exactly.

I use to work with a lady who smelled like she bathed in it. She was really nice, but I couldn't tolerate being around her, it was awful for my sinuses. I can only imagine what people with asthma go through when around people like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont even smoke lol.. but I work in an E.R and i see more cases induce by perfume than second or third hand smoke and so many of the moms i see complaining about smokers are drenched in perfume where I can hardly breathe and i dont have asthma lol

Quoting armywife009:

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I sometimes wear perfume, one spray, not the whole bottle. I have asthma. I hate smelling smoke all the time. Smoke is a lot worse for me that a tiny amount of perfume. I hate when people bathe in it and it takes my breath away though. How do they not realize they smell like butt hole?

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
And it could cause intense migraines
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My sister bathes in perfume every morning. It drives me up a wall! I can't stand to even walk NEAR her room! She does it to cover the smoke smell. I keep telling her I'd rather smell the subtle hit of smoke than choke on her perfume, but she doesn't get it.

Nee86
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Thank you!! My freakin mil will bath in her perfume and then laugh when I have to leave the room because I'm have an asthma attack.
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I commented the same on that post. My DH is not bothered by smoke, but he cannot handle perfume and he immediately has an asthma attack. He always moves away from someone who has too much on and has never asked someone to move. He takes responsibility for himself.

He and DD are also allergic to cats, but we have never asked someone to move because they have cat hair on their clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN