Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat Kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies
1 mom liked this

I feel so bad for those kids you see with the fat rolls and Buddha bellies.Don't their parents know they are setting their children up for a life time of weight struggles that could lead to even bigger health issues? I see so many kids I would consider to be obese now a days.Can't their parents tell them no they've had enough or offer more healthy alternatives? I just feel so sad for these kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM
First?

But seriously, nothing good will come of this post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummmm. Quietly sitting down.
However I agree obesity is a huge problem and parents should have their kids eat healthier and be more active.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

It's not always the parents' fault. Just like adults having disorders and diseases that can cause weight gain... so can children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I do too. I think it's child abuse. You are setting your children up for a lifetime of health complications because of being a lazy parent.
atyou
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Hey fatty fat fat.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Skinny kids can be just as unhealthy as those "buddha belly" kids ...

Kitschy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

This is one of those posts where I read the title and think "oh no" then I come in anyway because otherwise I'll be trying to read it when it's got 200 replies.

SIGH, op Buddha isn't fat, that's all I have to add.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe 1 child out of 100. The childhood obesity rate is skyrocketing and it's because of bad decisions. Period.

Quoting AmyL3469:

It's not always the parents' fault. Just like adults having disorders and diseases that can cause weight gain... so can children.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I see nothing wrong with a toddler that has a little pouch because they tend to get wide and then stretch then. I don't like to see three year olds that are so rotund that they huff and puff on the play ground. 8(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
3 moms liked this
Way to judge.....My son is bigger. He's not obese but he's got a large belly. I have had his health checked and he eats very responsibly. He participates in sports all year round (basketball, football, baseball and karate). He never just sits and eats and he doesn't hardly ever eat candy or drink soda. He is 8 and very aware of his size and it bothers him a lot. Recently he was told that he doesn't have friends because he is fat. There is nothing else I can really do....some kids are just big. He was big since he was a baby. So seriously.....don't judge the parents. Sometimes it's not their fault.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN