Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mechanical?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 14 Replies
I know you can't tell me the exact amount but anyone who's hubby works at a auto shop how much would a brake and rotor job be?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM

do it yourself, its easy. under $200 for pads and rotors. between 300-400 in any shop.

MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Depends what type of vehicle you have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I want to so bad but my moms boyfriend just changed the pads 2 months ago and they're already messed up so I just want it done right

Quoting punkasscanuck:

do it yourself, its easy. under $200 for pads and rotors. between 300-400 in any shop.

punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM

buy good quality pads (lol i know) the cheap ones slip off the housing bracket sometimes and get all fucked up. its happened to me. all i buy are the good ones now. they generally last longer, provided your not too brake happy and riding the fucker all the time lol

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I want to so bad but my moms boyfriend just changed the pads 2 months ago and they're already messed up so I just want it done right

Quoting punkasscanuck:

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I know they were good for like a month but the last month they've been grinding really bad and it's so bad now I'm scared to drive

Quoting punkasscanuck:

buy good quality pads (lol i know) the cheap ones slip off the housing bracket sometimes and get all fucked up. its happened to me. all i buy are the good ones now. they generally last longer, provided your not too brake happy and riding the fucker all the time lol

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting punkasscanuck:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
What kind of car? Are you buying the parts yourself or asking the shop too?

At the dealership a brake job for my highlander was around six hundred bucks just for the front. I got good truck quality brakes for it though that thing stopped on a dime literally.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Oh man!!! I would definitely not be able to afford that. I may just be buying it myself. It's a 2007 Suzuki Forenza

Quoting Anonymous:

At the dealership a brake job for my highlander was around six hundred bucks just for the front. I got good truck quality brakes for it though that thing stopped on a dime literally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:18 PM
It's worth it I had them on for six months when I sold it and the guy took the tire off and thought we just put them on.

If you only had them for two months then either the brakes are defective or wasn't put on right.

Where did you buy them? I would get a better quality. How much are you wanting to spend I'll ask my df when he gets home in a bit he's a master mechanic

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Oh man!!! I would definitely not be able to afford that. I may just be buying it myself. It's a 2007 Suzuki Forenza

Quoting Anonymous:

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Exactly! It sucks too it's way worse than when we thought we needed them before. I don't know I was hoping 350ish.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's worth it I had them on for six months when I sold it and the guy took the tire off and thought we just put them on.

If you only had them for two months then either the brakes are defective or wasn't put on right.

Where did you buy them? I would get a better quality. How much are you wanting to spend I'll ask my df when he gets home in a bit he's a master mechanic

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bax
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Brakes and rotors for my car in shop- bill was $480.  Brakes & rotors done on the side for my daughter's car $200.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN