Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pot smokers - i need you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

my husband:

holds a great job, pays all the bills, does not party w/friends, does not cheat on nor abuse me

my husband also:

smokes weed several times a day, says he needs it for pain & stress relief, says he doesn't know if he can even go part of a day without it, claims he isn't addicted, tells me to stop nagging him to quit because he never will

our marriage:

is very stressful due to his pot abuse, sex life is barely there, affection is barely there

my question:

is this pot use normal? every day-several times a day? is this something to over look since he's otherwise a decent guy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

my guy is the same except we still have sex and are intimate. we dont have negativity. i even smoke with him sometimes, and we just chill and be silly.

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes your dh is addicted, and yes this can be typical with pot use
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Sorry Im not a daily user, and I imagine if its causing issues such as low sex drive and interest in his marriage that its an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

same, it doesnt negatively impact our lives, if it did there would be a big problem...

Quoting Anonymous:

my guy is the same except we still have sex and are intimate. we dont have negativity. i even smoke with him sometimes, and we just chill and be silly.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

No. This is not normal. My husband smokes occasionally.....maybe once or twice a month. I smoke maybe once or twice a year. When it starts to cause problems at work, with the family or in your relationship, there is a serious issue. Id say the same about alcohol use or prescription pain medication as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
It wouldn't bother me, but I smoke with my husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Dh & I are both everyday smokers, several times a day. All the bills are paid. If dh had his way, we'd have sex several times a day. He works his ass off & that's his enjoyment. Dh is mid forties. How old is your dh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
My dh is the same except we have sex life. Him smoking does not affect my life at all. He is the same guy high or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Very normal and you are making it stressful because you wont relax.
kavp84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I disagree that it's typical. I don't think all the problems stem from smoking pot. I loved having sex when smoking... I know everyone is different, but all the smokers I know have active and healthy sex lives.

Quoting JZB:

Yes your dh is addicted, and yes this is typical with pot use

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)