Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pot smokers - i need you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

my husband:

holds a great job, pays all the bills, does not party w/friends, does not cheat on nor abuse me

my husband also:

smokes weed several times a day, says he needs it for pain & stress relief, says he doesn't know if he can even go part of a day without it, claims he isn't addicted, tells me to stop nagging him to quit because he never will

our marriage:

is very stressful due to his pot abuse, sex life is barely there, affection is barely there

my question:

is this pot use normal? every day-several times a day? is this something to over look since he's otherwise a decent guy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

my guy is the same except we still have sex and are intimate. we dont have negativity. i even smoke with him sometimes, and we just chill and be silly.

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes your dh is addicted, and yes this can be typical with pot use
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Sorry Im not a daily user, and I imagine if its causing issues such as low sex drive and interest in his marriage that its an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

same, it doesnt negatively impact our lives, if it did there would be a big problem...

Quoting Anonymous:

my guy is the same except we still have sex and are intimate. we dont have negativity. i even smoke with him sometimes, and we just chill and be silly.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

No. This is not normal. My husband smokes occasionally.....maybe once or twice a month. I smoke maybe once or twice a year. When it starts to cause problems at work, with the family or in your relationship, there is a serious issue. Id say the same about alcohol use or prescription pain medication as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
It wouldn't bother me, but I smoke with my husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Dh & I are both everyday smokers, several times a day. All the bills are paid. If dh had his way, we'd have sex several times a day. He works his ass off & that's his enjoyment. Dh is mid forties. How old is your dh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
My dh is the same except we have sex life. Him smoking does not affect my life at all. He is the same guy high or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Very normal and you are making it stressful because you wont relax.
kavp84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I disagree that it's typical. I don't think all the problems stem from smoking pot. I loved having sex when smoking... I know everyone is different, but all the smokers I know have active and healthy sex lives.

Quoting JZB:

Yes your dh is addicted, and yes this is typical with pot use

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured