Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pot smokers - i need you

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my husband:

holds a great job, pays all the bills, does not party w/friends, does not cheat on nor abuse me

my husband also:

smokes weed several times a day, says he needs it for pain & stress relief, says he doesn't know if he can even go part of a day without it, claims he isn't addicted, tells me to stop nagging him to quit because he never will

our marriage:

is very stressful due to his pot abuse, sex life is barely there, affection is barely there

my question:

is this pot use normal? every day-several times a day? is this something to over look since he's otherwise a decent guy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

we are in CA and he has an Rx. His company knows about his Rx as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just hope that great job doesn't drug test too often or at all or he has a Rx to use pot. Otherwise you will be in the bread line.

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I say this because this was my dh, addiction is avoidance. He's avoiding dealing with stress etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Idk. I never knew someone could be "addicted" to weed before cm.

I mean, I guess a person can be addicted to weed in the same sense that a person can be addicted to cafemom or ice cream or their favorite tv show.

Not like an actual addiction to alcohol or cigs or meth.

I think it's more of an issue of him being selfish and inconsiderate of what you want/are asking of him. He may say he "can't stop" just to use it as an excuse. It's him, it's not the pot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

So is your marriage stressful because you are "nagging" (i dont necessarily like using that word but I couldnt think of another one, lol) him about smoking pot therefore alienating him from wanting to be affectionate and having sex? Kwim or do you try and be affectionate and initiate sex after he's smoked it and he doesn't want it? 

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Not everyone reacts the same to every drug just like there's different types of drunks, that being said I will recant my previous statement to say its not an uncommon reaction

Quoting kavp84:

I disagree that it's typical. I don't think all the problems stem from smoking pot. I loved having sex when smoking... I know everyone is different, but all the smokers I know have active and healthy sex lives.

Quoting JZB:

Yes your dh is addicted, and yes this is typical with pot use

meangreen18
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM

my DH and i both smoke. we are still sexually active and our children are very well taken care of. we use it for relaxation and stress reliever. if it was affecting his ability to provide for your family then it would be a problem. at least he's not an alcoholic or a hard drug abuser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM

oh, i agree with that. i do feel his usage is very selfish especially since he knows how I feel about it.

Quoting 504bbymami:

Idk. I never knew someone could be "addicted" to weed before cm.

I mean, I guess a person can be addicted to weed in the same sense that a person can be addicted to cafemom or ice cream or their favorite tv show.

Not like an actual addiction to alcohol or cigs or meth.

I think it's more of an issue of him being selfish and inconsiderate of what you want/are asking of him. He may say he "can't stop" just to use it as an excuse. It's him, it's not the pot.

punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

aaaaheeemm. i dont think pot is your problem my dear. pot is harmless. 

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I already corrected maybe typical isn't the right word but its not uncommon just like there's different type of drunks there's different type of highs from pot

Quoting Anonymous:

If you believe this, you are either delusional or incredibly uneducated.

Quoting JZB:

Yes your dh is addicted, and yes this is typical with pot use

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM
He has an RX, so it is tech medically needed and recommended by a dr and you are upset that he uses it? This may be the reason he doesn't have sex with you or the relationship is bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN