Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Saw this on facebook

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

Her post had me thinking about a family even that is coming up soon.

My sister's exhusband is a convicted child molester (he molested my niece when she was 2 until they divorced when she was 7). My sister decided to forgive him and they even had Christmas with him this year (it's been 14yrs). She sent out an email for my other niece's birthday and his name was on the list. I sent an email back asking if he was going to be there and upon her saying yes I said we wouldn't be there but would send a present. She threw a fit saying I needed to get over it and he's changed and he's a wonderful man now. I have no idea how a mother could forgive someone that fucked her daughter up so badly. But would you go to a party with 3 small children even though you knew a child molester was there?

Thank you. I thought I was right but I know that sometimes I let my emotions control my choices. We won't be going. I called my other sister and she didn't see that the ex had been invited. She's not going either and I already know our dad won't be going. I don't understand why she's doing this to her kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Probably not. If I felt I had to, I wouldn't leave my child alone for a second.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this
No. I wouldn't have anything to do with someone like that. Ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Nope, not a chance. She shouldn't even have her daughter if she's going to stay with the man who molested her.

Momo77
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Why are women so stupid, putting their kids at risk for some dick!

No I would not have kids around him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM

That's a tough situation. I was molested by my cousin when I was little and I do attend family events that he's at. However, I do not let him anywhere near my dd. He usually spends most of his time outside smoking anyway. I don't always feel comfortable but I refuse to let him keep me from seeing my family. I just know that I have to be extra careful and keep an eye out on my dd. 

nelliesmommy
by NoTtOdaY:) on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Sick. I wouldn't go either. I would be done with her and her stupidity.

manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Hell no. They don't change. Shame on her for putting her daughter around that man again. It wasn't up to HER to forgive him... it was up to that little girl and I seriously doubt she is okay being around him. 

glycerinej
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Hell no I wouldn't go. And her little fit, OH WELL...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM

This.

Quoting manda-nicole010:

Hell no. They don't change. Shame on her for putting her daughter around that man again. It wasn't up to HER to forgive him... it was up to that little girl and I seriously doubt she is okay being around him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM

She's not with him. They divorced and he had a no communication order on. I know she emailed him a couple times 6 or 7 years ago. But it was just this year that all 3 of her girls have seen him again. I just don't understand. And it sickens me. Her daughters are now 17, 18, and 22. This will be the first time any of the rest of my family have seen him in over 16 years or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)