Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

caling hours, cremation services, bringing a baby with you...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

a friends mother died recently. She was only 50 so it came as a suprise. My friend and I were super close for 10years. then over the past 7 years we've kind of grown apart, but still talked occassionly on FB, and see each other arond town. I told friend I would go to the calling hours thinking the actual funural would be the next day as what I've experenced before. Found out today when they published the obituary that cremation services are tonight, right after the calling hours. calling hours 5-7,cremation services at 7.

I ran into friend at the store yesterday actually and caught up a bit. friend asked if I was coming & I said yes. Friend also asked if I was bring the baby (friend knows I'm breastfeeding exclusivly, babys never had a bottle and won't--she's 4 months). Friend was playing with the baby the whole time and actually almost smiled.said it'll be nice to have a baby there, that she might make people happy.SO will be staying home w/ the other 3 kids.

(obituary called the funural a celebration of life and that her spirit is now free to roam the universe so its not all stuffy-ish). my friend and I plan to re-connect and become close again and we're both sorry that we grew apart. Oh the friends grandparents and aunt and maybe some cousins is the only other family he has. But he's the 'black-sheep' and was disowned by all family other then his mother. (he's gay).

anyways I have a few questions. When should I arrive & when should I leave? 5-7 calling hours @ 7 cremation serivces. I'll have my breastfeeding 4 month with me also.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN