Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have an SUV/mini that fits more then 5. Get in here please!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I need help car shopping. I want a 6/7 seater, but am not sure what to get. What do you have and what are pros and cons to it? I have a list of about 4 or 5 that I like, but nothing I love.
Thank you for the help!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Replies (101-104):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I can agree with that. I've owned both and had I not gotten a super deal on the Chrysler, I would've gotten another Dodge just because of the difference in price.

Quoting bellaamore:

Sure, in looks and luxury, perhaps.

In the areas that really matter, though, they arent made "cheaper., they are the exact same mechanically and frame-wise.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a Chrysler*. And not only is it true, but its common knowledge. I clearly said they are almost the same, but they are NOT exactly the same. I don't know why you're arguing with me. The Chrysler's are sorta like a more "luxurious" (for lack of a better word) version of the Dodges.

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how it works, but they're not the same. The front end is entirely different and Dodges are generally made more cheaply. And, of course, there is no Plymouth anymore.

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting Anonymous:

The Caravan is a Dodge. Chrysler makes the Town & Country. They're almost the same, but not quite.

Quoting kewimom:

I have 2010 Chysler Grand Caravan.  Love it, Stow and Go seating.  Usually one of the captains seat stays stowed and the dog sits on the floor.  Between scout hikes, baseball equipment and 6 hours drives to Oregon it has been great.

Dodge, chrystler and plymouth are all the same company, and many times, the names on the vehicles belong with one of the other three makes.

Thats not true at all. Lol.

The chrystler pt cruiser is a dodge stratus frame and engine/ transmission.

My dad and fil wereboth ase certified mechanics, the three arethesame vehicles, much like a mercury mountaineeris a ford explorer

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2005 Honda odyssey love it. Only disadvantage. We just added another baby family of 6 now and I'm not sure how to arrange the car seats to provide room for everybody comfortably. The one year is still rear facing and I'm keeping him that way but his car seat and newborn takes up middle row. I'm still trying figure this one out :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I have this:

I love it! It's AWD, it has DVD players on both passenger and driver's side, it seats 6-7 and gets great gas mileage. I have the Titanium model because I wanted the technology that went with that specific model. It is also super, super comfy for long distances, which is why we got it. I had test drove Volvos, Buicks, Nissans, Dodges etc and this just had it all!

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I have a 2004 Chevy Suburban, it seats 9.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)