Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have an SUV/mini that fits more then 5. Get in here please!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I need help car shopping. I want a 6/7 seater, but am not sure what to get. What do you have and what are pros and cons to it? I have a list of about 4 or 5 that I like, but nothing I love.
Thank you for the help!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
kspear0120
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM

we have an older honda oddessy (2001) and we love it. Seats 7. We have had no motor issues.  Some of the newer models have all the fancy stuff as well. In my model my only con is no fold away seats.

Syphon
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I had a Honda Odyssey and it easily sat 7 passengers.  Now I have a Mercedes 450 GL.  It fits 3 in the backseat and 2 in the third row and of course 1 in the passenger seat. 

annasew
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I have a Chrysler town and country.   I love it.   Gets same gas mileage as my sonata.   It seats 7. has rear heat/ac. controls, automatic doors, heated front seats, stereo controls in finger reach on the steering wheel.  It handles the snow and ice very well and in the 8 yrs that I have had it Ive never done more than standard maintenance.   its an '03 so it dont have the back up stuff, but the new ones do that is the only con about my van, if u need that stuff, I know how to use my mirrors and turn around to look lol

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Best advice I can give you is go to the dealerships and get in them, look around them, check out the features in person. Things can look GREAT online and when you get there the interior is cramped as hell and there isn't much actual functionality. You've whittled your list down to 4 or 5 so going and checking them out won't have to be a big production, you can go look at them then make a decision and start saving your down payment up. 

SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Suburban its comfy and plenty of room for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I have a 2003 Chevy Venture all wheel drive minivan that seats 7-8 and I love it.

mom-x-2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a Mazda5... I love it! It seats 6 but the back seat is tiny and uses up the trunk space. The back seats all fold flat and if not using the back row it has great storage and if not using any of the seats in the back you can really fit stuff! Anyway it is perfect for my 2 kiddos and an occaional friend or 2 but not great if you have more than 2 kids. My personal favorite feature is the sliding "minivan doors" great for cramped parking lots and for easy in and out with the kids. Its great on gas as it is a 4 cyl. And it switches to standard for snowy weather driving. Its a perfect combination of what I wanted in a minivan/suv/car!
momofamamasboy
by Andy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Honda odyssey. Love it. I just traded in my CRV for the van. Roomy, easy for the kids to get in and out. Still getting use to having a longer vehicle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I have a ford freestyle, they don't make them anymore.

They are the equivalent to the Ford Taurus X

Here is what I have:

PROS:  It's reliable, easy to get kids in and out.  We have had it since 2008.

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I have a 2007 Gmc Yukon XL
I like it. Yes, it's bad on gas but we expected it. We need the 4wd where we live. It has tons of room. Tons. We have navigation, DVD and all the goods and it's awesome for kids

We used to have a 2004 Durango limited. Roomy, smaller SUV. Also sucked on gas but again we knew this. We had all the extras in it and actually it was by far my favorite vehicle. I loved it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)