Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of this? *pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

It says "shame on me for being a bully"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (61-70):
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM

maybe and maybe not.  I am not here to make assumptions, I do not agree with her tactic, that is all there is to it. 

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Maybe she tried that already?

Quoting sfkdny:

how would they be punished?  by doing GOOD for others, volunteering at an abused womens shelter (if they were old enough), helping out an elderly neighbor, etc. 

Quoting Maks1mommy:

How?

Quoting sfkdny:

my child would be punished for bullying but not this - this is ridiculous IMHO

Quoting Maks1mommy:

But, if the kid is a bully, he probably has publicly humiliated a classmate.. Kind of an eye for an eye, type thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not into the whole public humiliation thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I don't think so. Parenting is just teaching your child how they should behave. I don't intimidate my children to teach them.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Isn't that parenting though?

Quoting Anonymous:

bullying

present participle of bul·ly

Verb

Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

How is it not?

Quoting harehelper:

How does this qualify as bullying, though?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure teaching a kid not to be a bully by bullying him is an effective parenting method. It is quite hypocritical though.

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I force my kids to clean their rooms everyday. This mom did not use intimidation. She told her kid to hold a sign and he obeyed.

Quoting Anonymous:

bullying

Verb

Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

How is it not?

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure teaching a kid not to be a bully by bullying him is an effective parenting method. It is quite hypocritical though.

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM
How is she intimidating the kid?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think so. Parenting is just teaching your child how they should behave. I don't intimidate my children to teach them.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

bullying

Verb

How is it not?

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting Anonymous:

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM

In this case I agree, but something like the dad that made his toddler wear a sign and take a picture for having an accident and posting on FB, never.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Is your SN after the book?

Quoting MooBaaLaLaLa80:

I like it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamanay041010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Never really like that, it's like people who think if I bite my baby they will stop biting me, seems odd to teach a child to not be a bully by essentially bullying them, or to not be physically violent by spanking them, quite confusing if you ask me. 

Quoting Maks1mommy:

But, if the kid is a bully, he probably has publicly humiliated a classmate.. Kind of an eye for an eye, type thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not into the whole public humiliation thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I disagree. You don't need to use intimidation to teach your children. I firmly believe natural consequences are the best teacher and there's nothing natural about humiliating your child in public.

Quoting harehelper:

That would cover pretty much ALL forms of discipline.

Quoting Anonymous:

bullying

Verb

How is it not?

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting Anonymous:

mamanay041010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You know them personally? You were there? Hmm 

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I force my kids to clean their rooms everyday. This mom did not use intimidation. She told her kid to hold a sign and he obeyed.

Quoting Anonymous:

bullying

Verb

How is it not?

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting Anonymous:

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Damn, I wish my dd would just do what I say all the time. I don't have to intimidate her, but I sure as hell left her know that I AM her boss.
I don't think this is intimidation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Maks1mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

bullying

Verb

How is it not?

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)